Sign in to follow this  
eurowing

no more discount on the MD-11 manual set?

hi,i was getting ready to order the complete MD-11 printed manual set but was surprised to see that it is now more expensive than a few weeks ago. i mean to remember that there was about a 20 Euro discount on the whole package compared to what the three manuals total? am i wrong?i am aware that you get a few checklists as a bonus when you buy the package so i guess it still is a better deal, but that is a steep price increase...please somebody tell me my memory is just fooling me and the complete set has been 149 Euros from the start. thank you!

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Where do you instruct out of curiosity? I'm in south Scottsdale just to the northwest of the KPHX 26 approach path... been thinking about actually getting a real license at some point.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Okay everyone-We have to jump on the bandwagon to encourage Ryan to start taking flying lessons.As some of you know- his band is on the launchpad and the fuse is lit- and we don't want him riding around on a smelly tour bus when he could be comporting himself around in style in his own Citation like some of the cooler rockstars...So lets get him going on flight lessons. :-)Goforit, Ryan! You'll never regret it!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Ryan, what are you waiting for? I encourage anyone with rabid interest in aviation to fly if only to log that first solo. There are very few things in life as fulfilling. One may hesitate because it is too expensive, or too many other priorities but if it were easy it wouldn't be as rewarding. Come on, take the first step.I can't speak for the guys like Robert that get paid to fly and become accustomed to soaring around the world, but for guys like me that actually have to pay for the experience I am grateful to be a pilot. Truly grateful.Go for it.

Dan Downs KCRP

I don't have zero experience or anything lol, just no formal training - I flew right seat with Chris Palmer in his G36 for almost a whole day last month. We did a practice ILS into KFLG, a steep turn before we landed at KPGA, (that was slightly "whoa" for me lol) and then a bunch of low-level VFR over Lake Powell before going back to Phoenix. I did quite a bit of actual hands-on the yoke with Chris supervising...The real issue for me is the cost at the moment - I'm a member of an alternative rock band with a real shot at getting signed to a deal and I've spent a pretty ridiculous amount of money on stuff related to that in the past year and a half.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I know guys who have other fund-sucking passions instead of flying, things like boating or car racing or even airplane racing, but you have to get paid to fly to afford more than one, right Robert?One sunny day waiting in Signature for the plane to be fueled, I watched a Cessna Citation pull up and park, two big black Suburbans with a racing boat team logo pull up and a guy with a beautiful "centerfold" woman get out of the jet and into the vehicles and speed away. I asked the gal working the counter who that happened to be, because the first thing that came to mind was who in the world can afford all three (if if flys, floats or ..... it cost too much). She said it was the CEO of a fried chicken fast food chain. Goodness, I never expected THAT to be the secret to success. I guess success comes from many different directions.Good luck with your music, but it's no excuse not to have a license some day.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest dodougla
I know guys who have other fund-sucking passions instead of flying, things like boating or car racing or even airplane racing
cough, cough...flightsimulators...cough :( Don

I completely agree! I started flying when I was 18 and a senior in high school, knowing full well that I wanted to be a professional pilot someday. Now here I am at the ripe age of 21 and I just passed my Commercial Pilot checkride last month and am almost done with my multi-engine rating already. I love flying and while it does require sacrifice, I wouldn't do anything else in the world. Good luck and I hope you decide to bite the bullet and take lessons. Good luck with your music, by the way! :(

Where do you instruct out of curiosity? I'm in south Scottsdale just to the northwest of the KPHX 26 approach path... been thinking about actually getting a real license at some point.
i instruct at Goodyear GYR. i guess you are living at a great location - you should be able to get a good view of the BA744 when she comes in? i live in Laveen so i always have traffic over my house but never a 747 :( when did you move to Phoenix? i thought you lived in Tucson.

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX