Sign in to follow this  
ninovm

Missing skin 747X

I had this same problem with Vista32 except it was to a greater degree and it also affected the internal 2d and VC views.Now running Vista64 with 4G and the usual addons. UTX, GEX, FSgenesis along with various aircraft LDS767, MD11, 747X etc.I am using a dedicated D:/FSX drive with a C2D at 3.4G with a 8800GTX and 4G of memory.To date, with Vista64, (its only been a few weeks) I have only seen this happen with the 747X. This time it happened 15 minutes into a flight from KBHI to KDFW. The internal 2d and VC were not affected. There was no CTD or problems except I had to reset the flight. AS far as I can tell FSX was quite happy flying with the internals showing along with the lights.Should I play with the sliders? To me with my limited knowledge this looks like a video card memory corruption problem but I've had this card for almost 2 years with no other problems using various other games like Crysis, Bioshock and Witcher. I've monitored temperatures and power supply and they seem fine. The other games have run for many many hours with no problems. I have also run 12 hours worth of memtest and prime along with the built in Vista cpu/memory checker all with no problems.Has anyone found a cure for this problem? Under Vista32 I had the 170 series drivers and for Vista64 I'm using the Nvidia 64 bit 180 driver.

Nameless-Please read and adhere to the forum guidelines at the top of this forum and then we'll be happy to help you...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I have since done several flights (at least 10 including day/night) from the same "load flight" and have only had the problem one more time. This last time I went to the free flight screen and it had the missing skin showing for the 747X in the display pane. I changed planes to the PC12 and it had exactly the same missing skin part. I then tried the default baron and its skin was missing. I cotinued loading the missing skin baron and sure enough in the external view it was missing the same outside skin as was shown in the preview pane for free flight.Just to experiment I have set the LOD slider to medium and have not seen the problem so far. Not really sure if that helps but if the problem does not return I'll post an update.Mike Ninov