Sign in to follow this  
wchafe

Check this out!

Hey Wade,I have some questions about undocking gauges in the AFDS gauge and was wondering if you could help?Discovering that you could undock gauges has made this like a whole new sim, and I'm enjoying every minute of it! :) Thanks in advanceSteve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

What would it take to get PIC running with http://www.mcp747.com ?Women, Beer, more Women, free tickets to Disneyland or MONEY ?Regards, Andreas

Well if they will send me one I'll make it compatible if I can ;-)Regards,Wade

Post your question, I'm sure you'll get the help you desire.Regards,Wade

Hey Wade,I just downloaded the panel SDK and will be browsing through it to see if I can find the answer.I want to exhaust all my resources before I come to the forum for help. :)Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hello Wade,it would be a good idea to make the MCP from aerosoft Australia working with the 767PIC. I think, many users would like to build a cockpit with multiple monitors, as I did too (3 monitors now, later 4 monitors: 1 for oustide view, MCP and visible overhead, 2 for the main panel instruments, 1 for FMC and pedestal). There may be a lot of users that want to build a cockpit with real switches, rotary encoders ... and 7-segment-LED displays too, but don't know enough about electronics (like me) and don't have the time to build all the intrument panels with graphics, texts, drilling holes, mounting switches .... It seems that the 747MCP with EFIS, EICAS and further add on's is the best and at least cheapest 'all in one' and 'plug and play' solution for a complete working cockpit without programming. If the 767PIC would work with this hardware, it could become the best and most realistic simulator. At the moment unfortunatly the keyboard commands seem to be working only with a real keyboard. They don't work with a keyboard emulator like my Hagstrom KE72 and other devices. So I would have to use an old keyboard-chip or jostick keys to get working switches in my cockpit. With FS2002 standart aircrafts the encoder works perfect. There must be a difference beetween the way, that the keyboard-interface of FS2002 and windows works and the keyboard-interface of 767PIC. The only working solution now is the Key2mouse.dll by Luciano Napolitano.Best solution would be to make the Keyboard interface working with encoders and to make an interface like FSUIPC by Pete Dowson. This would make the MCP windows for HDG, ALT and VS working with real 7-segment-LED displays too.Because I don't like to fly with other FS standart-aircrafts anymore, since using the 767PIC, please contact AEROSOFT AUSTRALIA and force them to make the PIC working with their hardware!RegardsTony

Hi Wade,Same deal with the GF-45? I'll be happy to send you some hardware if you are interested in making it compatible with 767PIC... would make lots of ours and your users very happy!I would like to work with someone like yourself to develop a named variables standard for MCP data. Send me an e-mail if this is of interest to you.Cheers,Doyle

That is incorrect, it does not. It will most likely be compatible with future products, and an update to PIC may be released which will make it compatible with PIC. At this time it is not fully compatible with PIC, nor is there any absolute guarantee that it will ever be.Regards,Wade

That sounds depressing.Please reformulate to sound more optimistic! :-)Why does it alway need to be so complicated ?Call it the pro version and charge money for it.Who said flying was cheap?Regards, Andreas (number 124 in the mcp queue)

Wade,The same applies for Aerosoft's ACP Compact, the product I use. There's another member of our club using the GoFlight equipment and it's a real pitty that the mentioned hardware is not compatible with PIC. It's the only hardware around simulating some features of a life-like cockpit.Is this because of the fact that the A/P of PIC is programmed around the FS2002 A/P? In other words: It does not have to do with anything like the keyboard assignments?I can understand that it's not worth the time to make a patch for PIC to use the products. Maybe the developers (GoFlight and Aerosoft) can make an adjustment...Thanks,

HiThanks Doyle,I have a bunch of your stuff and think it`s great.I would love to get it working with the pic AP.Ron ReesBy the way I Go-Flight is a group of real standup guys with great support.

I really appreciate the good word from you guys! This has been a blast, and a lifelong dream for me -- to make flight simming more FUN for so many people around the world. We have some great new hardware AND software coming out just in time to keep you indoors for summer! (Hopefully I'll be able to finally go out and get some UV after all this time programming.. the sun is a rare commodity this time of year here in Oregon... :-)Please excuse me for not knowing this...but are there keypresses that can be used to control the MCP in 767PIC? If so, I have some beta software that I will hook up with anyone who wants it. This allows you to translate control movements on any of our current hardware to simple KEY PRESSES... so you can use our stuff with any game or sim on the market! We are in Beta 2 at the moment, Beta 3 is this Friday. But it works now for single keys... You wouldn't see anything on the '45 displays but you would be able to set the autopilot using the encoders, P8 buttons, etc.To pull this off, I have written two custom WDM drivers and a custom installer that supports all versions of Windows back to Win98. The UI is rough right now but it will get a lot prettier in the next few revs.Cheers!