Sign in to follow this  

The Infamous 60% N1 Taxi

A shortcoming we have to live with in the FS2002 world! Its not a showstopper in my book its just funny to have to wind up the N1 to 60% to breakaway....the PAX must say Hey are we taking of from the taxiway!!!! hee hee hee! I love these tyros that tweak the airfile and muck it all up in every other phase of flight. Leave the tweaking to the pros Steve Small, Johan Dees...etc. etc. those are the only ones I trust! Good work guys! Steve thanks for tweaking the aircraft that came with FS2002 they are now a JOY to fly!!!!RegardsTony

ahhhh reminds me of my first night solo after I had got my Private's license. I took this 2001 C-172 SP across the state to see this girl and show off my new license. Everything went smooth, when I got there, I set my parking brake because there was no chocks or tie downs, got out and went to eat with my girl. When I got back it was dark. During my training, I never flew at night solo because of their insurance at the flight school. I was so looking forward to getting up and back home. I taxied out, took off, I never noticed that it took alittle bit more power to get off. Yeah, you know where this is going... heheh Well, I got back to my home airport, great approach and flare, but when I touched down, it was like someone tied a rope to the back of my plane, I didnt even make it to the first turn off. Then I realized what was wrong. My parking brake was still on. I released it and taxied back to the ramp. I parked the plane and got out, and you could smell that tell-tell smell of hot brakes. An instructor walked over and grinned, and said, "That's why we dont teach student to set the parking brake, we just tie them down and chock it" Anyways, I learned a big lesson that night. ALWAYS follow your checklist. Even if you have done it a million times. On that same note, they also teach to leave the FUEL SELECTOR on BOTH. In the manual, it says turn to L or R when securing the plane. What happens is, you get another student pilot along, that forgets to switch tanks back to BOTH. And just like that they become another stat on the NTSB website.Also, do you know where I can get that fix that takes off the RED bar on the bottom? I dont have it real life, ( probably could have used a RED bar like that though) HEHEHEHE