Sign in to follow this  
wchafe

A note about aircraft.cfg and AIR file interaction

In FS2002 many of the aerodynamic, physical and engine parameters from the aerodynamics (.AIR) file have been transferred to the aircraft.cfg file. If a parameter exists in the aircraft.cfg file the value in the .AIR file is ignored. If the value does not exist in the aircraft.cfg file then it is read from the .AIR file and FS will automatically place it in the aircraft.cfg file the first time the aircraft is loaded. So the easiest way to update the aircraft.cfg with the correct parameters for an air file is to delete all of these parameters from the aircraft.cfg file and allow FS to read them from the .AIR file and automatically update the aircraft.cfg file for you.If you are going to use another aircraft with PIC767 you should use the aerodynamics file that comes with PIC.If you use the aircraft.cfg file that comes with the new aircraft you MUST do these things to retain the aerodynamics and operation of the original aircraft.1. Ensure that the sim= parameter in each fltsim.X section points to the .AIR file you want to use.2. Delete all of the aerodynamics parameters from the aircraft.cfg file. This includes the GeneralEngineData, airplane_geometry, WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE, fuel, Flaps.X, autopilot, and Reference Speeds sections. You may also need to replace the contact_points section. When the plane is loaded for the first time it will load the appropriate parameters from the .AIR file.3. Replace the electrical section with the one from the original PIC767 aircraft.cfg file. This is important for the correct functioning of such things as system failures.

Guest ATPBVC

Wade, Thanks so much for this great bit of info. Does this mean that Lee's merge batch file did not do this job when I merged my Posky textures to the PIC767? If I need to have an accurate .cfg file, I want to make sure that all the info I have is from the pic .air file. Advise please. p.s.Toronto in November 6-9th still on? Charityflight? I need to know for tickets.

As Lee said, you should be OK. BTW, I think this was posted by Laurent, not me!Wade

Guest ATPBVC

Great news! The Toronto guys make sure you are well taken care of. BTW, www.czeg.org/pic767fc.htm We have in the forum there and a slot for "developers" Come on by and drop us a line.Bill VC

Wade and Lee hi and thanks for the infoWhile on the subject of the PIC panel I want to pose this question.I am using the panel also with a couple of 757-200'sNaturally all the weight and balance etc is up the creekQuestionIs it possible to modify (expressly for my own use) the PIC 767 panel to use 757 values??? If it is how and where would I go about itLook forward to your thoughtsROb

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia