Sign in to follow this  

Autoland with POSKY v3 and the merge

Has anybody been able to successfully perform an autoland with POSKY v3 and after using Lee's merge?I get the callouts, "50" "40" "30" then, just prior to "20", the A/P pushes the power up to about 70-75% N1, I get the "20", and the a/c levels off, holds speed and flies gracefully down the centerline at 20 feet AGL until I either take command and land manually or crash into a building or trees.Anyone else had this happen?James

I've had this problem in the past but not with the POSKY3 nor with any of Lee H load utilities.Can't remember how it got fixed - might have corrected the problem when I reinstalled the PIC panel.

Guest J_Niny

No problems with Lee`s PIC/Posky Merge. Everything is ok here.

I haven't had it work well for me either. My solution to the problem and recommendation to you is, just as you approach the threshold and you hear the alt countdown, disengage the autopilot. I usually do at 40 (sometimes at 100 or somewhere in between) and I still land perfectly everytime.The pilot has got to fly it sometimes! :-)

Yup! I had this happen to me yesterday - I played around with it some more and found that I only had the problem if I was using the Joystick. With the joystick disabled, I could land normally.I also found a couple of other things (which maybe because I only got 767 PIC yesterday and don't understand everything), such as I can't extend my speedbrakes during flight - only when I use reverse thrust when landing - also I could not use the auto throttle for takeoff. When sitting at the beginning of the runway, I engaged A/T and pressed the TO/GA button - the aircraft got up to around 85kts and then aborted the takeoff run - does anyone know why? I had this happen 4-5 times (every time that I tried it).Regards,Richard UnderwoodP.S. Apart from these niggles, which are probably my fault anyway :), it's a fantastic product!

Guest ilh

I cannot see how my merge could cause this as it is PIC flight dynamics with the POSKY visual model, nothing more, nothing less. This sounds more like an issue with the particular ILS placement, joystick noise, or something else. It probably happens with the Wilco model too on that same runway.I must have done 25 autolandings at the stock KJFK 31L when testing various gear contact points, and they were all dead center, a bit long, but still within the landing zone.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)[link:www.sls.lcs.mit.edu/ilh/fs/DFMS734.zip]B734 Dreamfleet/Microsoft Merge

I've had the same problem occasionaly with the PIC panel+POSKY model. This made for quite an incident the first time it happened on VATSIM as I had no idea how to do a proper go-around after the plane started coasting down the runway at 40 or 50 feet!! It's almost like the plane is flaring too high somehow. I've never had this happen with the actual PIC model - that one always autolands right on the numbers. I know the air file and cfg are the same, but is there some way that the radio altimeter is judging altitude differently with the POSKY model and causing it to think it's at and display the flare altitude when it really isn't? I think I'm gonna go test this against the FS2002 altimeter at a sea-level airport right now...The other problem I constatly see is the localizer deviation indicator on the ADI always tracking a bit to the left or right of center on many runways. On others it nails it dead center. Huh?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Make sure that when the aircraft is in SPD | G/S | LOC | CMD mode on approach, that you close your joystick throttle all the way.It sounds like you have the throttle open, which does not cause a problem when in SPD mode, however when the authrottle mode reverts to Idle ( IDLE | FLARE | LOC | CMD ) the joystick throttle may be playing tricks with the power reduction.

No problems with the MERGE here the Autoland works well...REMEMBER your Throttle must be at idle also! Easy to forget! Good work Lee...thanks again!RegardsTony

I think the problem for me was the throttle position on my joystick. If you recall from my post, I said that I only had the problem when using the joystick, not the keyboard. I never connected the two, mentally (idle position of throttle and cruising at ~50ft) because in all other stages of flight, when using A/T my throttle control on my joystick doesn't have any effect in the sim.Richard