Sign in to follow this  
ahinterl

Fuel jettison?

Guest KenG

Only by going into FS's menu and reducing the amount of fuel in the tanks. The real world 767 on which PIC is based does not have the ability to dump fuel. Therefore, PIC does not have this capability.

Hi,One dought! If 767 is full loaded and it as to make an emergencylanding after takeoff???Joao

then probably they should make sure to use the longest runway available and landing will be a little bit more uncomfortable, brakes will become a little hotter, and probably the aircraft will have to be checked afterwards. Just my guess. Maybe a real pilot can answer this.It will probably still be better than crashing the plane, even if it overshoots the runway. Anyway, I believe that boeing did not forget to think about this possibility.cheersmmmol

Yup. Boeing has a inspection process that has to be completed following an overweight landing. The AOM also contains the procedure and configurations for the pilots to follow.Had not the plane been able to take the overweight landing I am sure the FAA would have required a fuel dump system.Timothy

The real world 767 on which PIC is based does not have the ability to dump fuel. Therefore, PIC does not have this capability.Wich raises a question. What airline _does_ have fuel dump capability on ther 767's? I assume it is an airline who expect a lot of emergencies on their flight... Groetjes, http://www.grillsportverein.de/smilies/con...doom/bounce.gifDiederik Krauwer - EHAM

Seems that some American Airlines 767-300 N366 and later DO have fuel jettison capabilities according to AA's OPS Bullein B 757/767-208.It only allows for pumping of fuel from the center tank through discharge nozzles located inboard of the outboard aileron. Its even tied to the FMC that will update the jetison figure.AA may have deactivated this feature, or sold the 300's but at one time they had'em.PIC767 is based on the 767-300ERs I believe, and may not have needed this options. Timothy

Guest Ian_Riddell

"What airline _does_ have fuel dump capability on ther 767's? I assume it is an airline who expect a lot of emergencies on their flight..."I doubt you'll get many responses to a question worded like that, Diederik :-lolNotwithstanding.... Qantas' later 767-300's do have a fuel jettison system.... It's sort of nice to know that your plane won't crash and burn if there is an emergency turnback ;-)I presume that most 767's with heavier takeoff limits are fitted with these jettison systems?Cheers.Ian.