Sign in to follow this  

FMC and flightplans

Hi,Well my PIC has finally arrived and I am working my way through both Main manuals.I am a bit confused over loading pre-programmed flights into the FMC.The manual tells me to save a plan in FS2000Pilots folder, I am actually using FS2002 so presumably I can read that as FS2002Pilots folder.(I have applied the FS2002 patch OK) and that the plans will have a *.pln extension.If I do this then the plan does not appear when entered against the appropriate LSK for CO ROUTE Data block, in other words the FMC has not found the plan. I have tried this with plans from NAV3 and also FS2002 own planner. However whilst trying to sort it out I noticed some plans in the FMCWP folder with a .rte extension, one of which as a test I loaded into the FMC OK.Has there been some mods to the system or am I getting it all wrong?I hope this doesn't seem too stupid and basic a question to ask!!Many ThanksEric Pennington

Hi Jim,Very many thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I have now produced a few example flight plans in Nav3 and exported them to the flightplans folder of FMCWP and they have been "seen" by the FMC.However one thing I notice is that it is not programming the flight levels into the FMC, just the route, is it meant to or am I running to far ahead?Best WishesEric

Hi Jim,Once again many thanks for that info. I have always used Nav 3.0 previous to PIC, but it may seem from the thread you mentioned that it is time to move on to another planner.I notice that you use FSBuild, does that put in the route and flightlevels etc, presumably you can recommend that to me?Best wishesEric

Guest WorkingStiff

It does both.

Hi Eric,A simple route to put in your FMC - Route page...see below...forget about FS NAV or FS Build - OTHER than to plan routes with...it is very simple to enter the flight plan into the FMC rather than having NAV or FSBuild set up and install the file for you.KJFK to KLAX - choose your departure....then direct to RBV (route page LSK 1R)In the route page put J64 in the "via" below RBVTo the right of J64, enter CIVET (LSK 2R) that is your exit point from the airway.Now go to DEP/ARR - choose the MITTS1 arrival for runway 24R, CIVET transition (Air Canada pref arrival to north side of LAX).Now look at your route page, then look at your legs pages (about six of them).Have fun on your trans-cont flight - take about 75,000lbs fuel, will be lots left depending on the wind.Any problems, you have my e-mail.Rob.PS - The FIX page is a whole other bundle of fun...good luck.