Sign in to follow this  

GPS Course Hold ?

I bought 767PIC pretty recentely, and im not familiar with the panel setup. Could someone please tell us what Autopilot command is used for gps course hold ? ie Lnav etc ?

If you mean the standard GPS hold from FS2002my answer would be: THERE is none!Correct me if I'm wrong, but direct GPS is not used bythe PIC Autopilot.(And it's absolutely OK this way :-sun1)--:-wave neo"Whoop Whoop, Pullll up"

yep real world will never fly direct to a destination plus on the 767PIC you don't need any assistance from FS2002 because everything is on the 767PIC maybe other than flight plan buty there's better results with flight plans with other sources.

You should go to the nearest international airport and ask the first 767 captain the same question and he will give you the same answer we are going to give you. The 767 tracks a position determined by the IRS computers. It can't even track VORs. The panel works like the real aircraft. Since you don't know how a 767 operates (neither did I before I bought the panel) I recommend that you read the manuals and study. It'll be so worth it. After all that's what you paid for right? There are free 767 downloads on the internet that will track the nonexistent GPS. But you got the real deal so hit the books. Pedro

"Never fly direct to a destination?????" I guess it depends whose airspace you are in and time of day.Hmmm, pretty much late at night ATC-ARTCC will give "Direct" once departure turns you loose on center. You have to ask for it very nicely though.Coming off of KOAK I hear a FedEX get "Direct Memphis International" and off they went. I am sure when they get close to KMEM they get vectors to the SID with a crossing restriction. But the cruise was direct.Of course if you don't do the FS2k2 plan you won't get the FS2k2 to recognize the FS2k2 ATC functions I think.Timothy (Spending hour manually loading the waypoints, then dumping them when I get "Direct"....lol)

Guest Ian_Riddell

LNAV with a one segment route should give you the closest thing to a GPS (direct) route. Some of the newer real-life 767's have GPS's, but GPS data it is not fed directly to the autopilot. The GPS data is used by the FMC to refine the airplane's position... and the autopilot uses the FMC for guidance.Hope this makes sense.Cheers.Ian.