Sign in to follow this  

Incorrect Data on Instruments??? or me :)

Hello All!I have a question regarding the airspeed indicator and the altimeter data pertaining to 767PIC. Please forgive me if this is a no-brainer for everyone, but I am new to 767PIC and unsure of the default (parked at the gate) readings of the instruments.Here is the problem: The first image shows the airspeed showing 30 knots. I am parked at a gate in KSLC using an add-on scenery package, FYI. The second image shows the altimeter after I changed it to 29.95 - However, the data shows the final digit halfway between the 5 and 6.Are these two issues actually how they should be? or, is there something wrong with my installation. Here is how my system is currently setup (software being more important in this situation):Windows XPFS2002767PIC with 2002 Patch767-300ER Posky Release with PIC_POSKY Merge v3Gauthier's Undockable GaugesThese issues have occurred since day one - before any of the add-ons listed above.I would appreciate any ideas that can help me understand these concerns. Thanks and happy flying!!!Dave

Hi Dave(you're my wife now)Ok - these things are not only normal but actually very authentic. For data reasons the subscale setting cannot be adjusted to any degree less than 1 inch Hg - I assume. Although this is not my dept. that would be the coding side of things. What I can tell you is that if you hit "b" at any time the subscale will set automatically to local QNH/local altimeter. This will be a whole value and if you twist it after that it will remain whole values.The AI relies on relative airflow hitting the pitot tubes and as there aint enough constant unidirectional airflow let alone accuracy at sort of taxi speed, well less than 30kts, the AI kicks in at 30 ish.Hope that helps.Lex

Thank you Gentlemen (Lex and Lee)Your responses were very helpful in helping me understand the realism of the simulator and relieving my apprehension of having erratic instrumentation.I see how this adds to the realism of the adventure and am not disappointed with the answers.And furthermore, Lee, thank you for the time and effort spent on the merging of the POSKY aircraft with 767PIC. Your enhancements have been well utilized and I am grateful for your work. (Not to mention all the other things that you do.)Take Care Y'all!Dave