Sign in to follow this  

FAO Lee Hethrington

Hi LeeJust a small query regarding your latest PIC/POSKY merge. I followed your precise instructions fully to merge the fantasic POSKY v3 767 and the superb PIC panel - However, when I load FS the additional strobes that should raise up with the flexing wings after take-off do not. They remain below the wings flashing below and slightly aft of their proper positions. Just wondering why this is and if you or anybody else could offer me some advice re this.I have copied all relevant files to their respective folders and everything seems to be fine apart from the FS2002 strobes. I have tried all different lighting configurations from the flightdeck and I cannot seem to find a resolvement. After completing the cockpit preperations checklist, I find that the additional position lights appear underneath and aft of the standard position lights straight away as soon as I switch on the nav lights. This is before I complete the push & start and switch on the rotating beacon lights.Any advice will be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance,Best regards,Lee Holland (767_First_Officer)

Guest ilh

If you are using my aircraft.cfg with a POSKY 763 v3, then I do not understand how this is possible. My extra strobes and white position lights are positioned for the flexed position. They will be above unflexed wing tips, but should be about right for flexed wing tips.Perhaps you are using POSKY's aircraft.cfg?With my setup, I leave the WING light switch off on the ground, and in the air I turn off WHITE and turn on WING. This is the best I can come up with to deal with the flexing wings. The WHITE switch controls the weak strobes that are built into the .mdl and move with the wing tips. The WING switch controls the FS2002 strobes and white position light positioned for a flexed wing.EDIT: What does "FAO" stand for?Lee Hetherington (KBOS)[link:www.sls.lcs.mit.edu/ilh/fs/DFMS734.zip]B734 Dreamfleet/Microsoft Merge

Hi LeeThanks for the reply. As far as I know, I am using your aircraft.cfg that comes with the PIC/POSKY merge. The only things I copy over from the original POSKY folder after extracting the aircraft are the model and texture folders as per your instructions. I tried using the setup.bat executable that comes with your merge, but for some reason this doesnt work so I manually copied over the .air and .chk files from the 767 PIC Wilco Publishing folder then copied over the included strobe files into the effects folder - Also as per your instructions.I honestly cant think why Im having this problem either - I think i'll try your merge again from scratch when I finish work tonight. I'll let you know how I get on afterwards.Thanks for your helpBy the way, FAO means "for the attention of"I use FYI a lot in my posts too - This stands for "for your information"Sorry to confuse you.

Hi again LeeFYI - This is what I see. Note the FS2002 stlye strobes still underneath the flexing wings even after take-off. Prior to posting this, I re-installed the POSKY planes and used your PIC/POSKY merge again, but still to no avail. I also noticed that before I removed the planes, I was definately using your aircraft.cfg as it clearly said so. Version 4 to be exact.

Lee, Im sorry about that. I did however get the PIC/POSKY merge from the link on your signature only a couple of days ago. I apologise for the confusion in all this.Happy flight-simming.Regards,Lee Holland