Sign in to follow this  
michal

FDC ... and more questions

Any postive experiences using this program with 767PIC ?What are the so called "performance files" in FDC ? What are they for ? And why would you want to use GPWS from FDC since the PIC already has its own ?Michael J.

Guest lamont

Hi Michael,Re: "Positive experiences" - Absolutely, basically the 767 wasn't designed as a one man a/c. FDC helps in that regard by placing a virtual co-pilot in the cockpit with you to control flaps, landing gear and some other items. In addition if you fly offline you have ATC ambience available along with an excellent cabin crew. I have not experience any problems using the add-on with PICRe: "Performance files" - FDC uses the performance files, which are customizable, to activate flaps, landing gear etc. based on speed or altitude.Re: "GPWS" - You can turn this option off and use your aircrafts built in GPWS.Bottomline - it's well worth the price and if you fly other a/c besides PIC it can be a blessing.

>addition if you fly offline you have ATC ambience available .. this is the first I heard. You mean it comes with its own ATC ambience then what about FS2002's own ATC ambience or you chose between the two ?ok.. I was able to answer this question myself. There is only a framework provided, you still have to provide chatter files.Too bad however your copilot can't tune comm frequencies - this is what PNF often do.Michael J.

Guest WorkingStiff

Hi Lamont. Thanks for sharing the performance file and checklists; It seems I have a bit of tweaking to do though. The only change I've made so far is to the performance file to reflect my preference for flaps 15 at takeoff. After testing the file a few times I noticed that the flaps calls came rather quickly; I timed the Flaps 5 call at about 10 seconds after takeoff. Is that correct?Now if I can only configure it to work with Game Commander so I'd make the calls real-time and the PNF responds. :-)

Hey Stiffy;Funny You Should ask...I've been working on that. Got PIC, Radar Contact, FDC and GC to play nice together. I should have a good GC template to distribute by this weekend. Are you still interested in those FSSE KORD gates?FDC is a nice compliment with PIC!Cheers,- Alex

Guest lamont

Hi Stiffy,I noticed the quick "flap 5" call too but when I glance at my speed bugs they seem about right. Perhaps not quite enough initial angle of attack to bleed off speed. I also seem to recall that there may be some slight discrepancies in how FDC interperts speed and that there is an adjustment to tweak this. I'll have to read Dave's post again. Glad you like the files and please let me know if you come up with anything regarding the quick "flaps 5" call.