Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boaz

I know you guys can't answer this but....

Guest Boaz

Well I would just like to state that I'm a new born PIC pilot!I have dreamt of your product and even bought a year ago now, but until recently I did not own a PC capable of handling your beast of a panel.Now I am getting more and more routine in the handling of the panel and I just want you to know that I am really amazed, I have never experienced a panel and FMC like this, this product is real, the feeling you get once back on the ground is I've got to get back up there!The PIC sets of feelings in me that are hard to explain you just feel...Something special when you fly and when you're just sitting and planning your trip for two hours with the hymn of the A/C in the background, man this is real and this one is a true simulation!All my thumbs up for the masterpiece you've spawned for us, I know I only have to of them thumbs but I'll put 10 of them in the air for your product!I was of course thinking about your next project, as I can't wait to find out what that just might be, and I heard from a guy at another forum that the next project might or might not be a Saab 340.I also learned that once upon a time one of you guys made a panel for such an aircraft, and I figured some (all) of you guys like this aircraft, well I know that nothing is official yet, so that is why I want to comment already now!I simply feel that a Saab 340 would be a waste of resources time and so on, I was so amazed of how realistic and advanced the simulated avionics were in the 767, and really wished for you to make a 21 century jet!I know there has been releases of a 747-400 and a 777, but really they were suitable for all ages, and where simply schematics or a hmm low attempt to copy the mighty and awsome avionic system both wonder birds have in their cockpits. I know that the 747-400 is the most requested and poppish aircraft, seen from an artist point of view, the least ground breaking to recreate, but also seen from an artist point of view, isn't the issue of ground breaking also in making what has been made ever since FS...eighties something...And turn it into an actual simulation of the beauty, in a new and respectful way, in a light that realistic it would fade all the previous attempts to simulate such an awsome panel!The 777 has never been simulated with any form of respect, perhaps only by POSKY and their master piece of models, but never has there been a panel that didn't just contain a tiny winy bitsy feeling of a default Microsoft panel over it...The real panel holds more avionics and systems so fascinating I can only imagine what it would be like if you guys swung your wand over it...I know that you think the two aircraft I mentioned has been raped useless, but think about it you and perhaps only you could turn them into something brand new recreate them with the respect that they deserve...Again I know you can't and wont comment this, but just do me a favor and think them over hard, because really a 21. century jet is where the challenge lies.Best of wishes and thank yous from the bottom of my aviation heart...For you great gift to Simulation.Boaz...

>I simply feel that a Saab 340 would be a waste of resources >time and so onRegardless if the future project is the Saab or not I totally disagree with the above. There has never been an attempt to model a commuter type aircraft with the PIC-like quality in the FS world and if one finally arrives it is going to be a big day (at least in my calendar). PSS has made both 747 and 777 and though they may not exactly match the PIC standards they are close (I rely on what others tell me since I don't own them).Michael J.

Guest Thomas K

Actually, the PSS 744 and 777 are FAR from close to PIC standards.Anyway, no matter what PIC's next project is, they have my full support.

Guest KB

Wow! :-lol :-lolNow, that's one funny looking aircraft! Though not very attractive to do your weekend VATSIM flights with. I suspect the range is not too good.Regards,Karl

There is a difference in philosophy between PSS and PIC. The PIC767 was many years in the making...whatever the next PIC project turns out to be my credit card is at the ready!!! You cannot go wrong! Yes we are in dire need of a short haul commuter ... the type I don't care! Its nice to be able to do a couple of segments in an hour or two! Beats the long haul I have done plenty of those in real time with B777 B747 and B767! Priorities change!Take care guysTony

>Yes we are in dire need of a short haul >commuter ... the type I don't care! Its nice to be able to >do a couple of segments in an hour or two!My thinking exactly. It is nice to fly up to 25,000 ft (then the scenery looks even better in FS), make short hops (without having to sacrifice "operational" realism) and land on those 6,000 ft runways which are so plentiful.Michael J.

Well I wouldn't say it was years in the making. The commercial PIC had very little code common with earlier freeware versions. The actual development time is hard to determine. It was a period of about 1.5 years, but you can't describe it like that because it was part time work that we all did in our spare time. As a full time development effort for four people I think 6 months would be a fair estimate.Regards,Wade

I for one fully support the Saab; I love the 767 and I don't need another ER A/C. I like my short flight from KEWR-KBOS, and I feel a bit silly doing it in a wide body. A prop would be great!! Just think of one with PIC standards.my $0.02Regards,WS