Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilh

KSFO SIDs

Guest ilh

I've been slowing fixing up the KSFO SIDs and just finished them all. Many of those from the SEAARTCC site do not work for me (runways ending in B instead of L/R, empty .wsd files, etc.). I'm sure others have done the same, but in any case, I'm making mine available in case others would like to use them.http://www.sls.lcs.mit.edu/ilh/fs/767pic/KSFO-SID.zipLee Hetherington (KBOS)[link:www.sls.lcs.mit.edu/ilh/fs/DFMS734.zip]B734 Dreamfleet/Microsoft Merge

Guest ielchitz

Lee,Thanks for putting in the time to work on these.Why not upload them to the new database website that Bob Humbert put up for us to use.New procedures have been SSSLLLLOOOWWWW to roll into this new site.http://www.seaartcc.org/767pic/weps/index.phpI've posted all of mine up there - but still waiting to see that database grow.Thanks again for EVERYTHING you do for our community.Ian Elchitz

Guest ielchitz

LMAO,Good point Lee - I never noticed since my filenames were different anyhow. I think that Bob's idea was that since this was for the community - the community might be responsible for not just revising the procedures - but also for the maintenance of the files - thus the "add your name and date" in the comments.Personally I trhink it is a good idea. I'm also not too worried about the quality of your departures. My uploads could be a different story - I'll keep them with a different filename .Ian E.

Guest ielchitz

Lee,Well I just downloaded your files - installed them and flew the PORTE3 to AVE off of 28L.Only thing I noticed is that departing PESCA you have the DP going direct to WAGES. It should be depart PESCA heading 090 join the Woodside (OSI) 116 outbound then direct PESCA (which appears to be OSI116/035). I've always enjoyed flying this DP by hand with my radios, so I have no idea what the "original" PORTE3.AVE looked like for the PIC. I personally have no idea why we don't go direct WAGES - but I am sure it has something to do with traffic headed into the bay area on the BSR etc.Ian Elchitz

Guest ilh

Fixed and uploaded.Ian, you are right though about PORTE3. It is a relatively interesting SID for the USA, with several radials to intercept, and it is more fun to actually intercept and track the radials per the chart. Middle ground is to use LNAV and intercept courses.Here is how I sometimes fly off 01L: On FIX page, make a 4DME circle around SFO. Set up MCP HDG 220. Take off, turn to 350. At 4DME circle, HDG SEL to 220. LEGS page move PORTE to LSK1, 135 into RSK6, EXEC, arm LNAV. At PESCA, drop LNAV for HDG SEL 090, set up 116 intercept to WAGES and arm LNAV again. I may or may not engage CMD until 10,000 or cruise.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)[link:www.sls.lcs.mit.edu/ilh/fs/DFMS734.zip]B734 Dreamfleet/Microsoft Merge

Guest ielchitz

Lee,If you like this type of DP - try the VNY7.DAG out of Burbank.It will take you a few mins just to understand what the heck you are supposed to do . The MEAD2 in Vegas was one of my favorites - the new procedures there are pretty boring for departure but great views of the strip now on arrival.For all those who miss the MEAD2 - have no fear - I read a post the other day that the Las Vegas Tracon (L30) is testing a new departure that sounds much like the old mead2 - Called the SMOKK1 --> http://www.lasvegasatct.homestead.com/files/Smokk_One.gifAlso - Lee I see you mentioned something about your PDZ4 arrival - according to another post I read this afternoon - the newest update of the CA 1/2 Jeppesen's have modified the following:(Thanks to David Hendleman for creating this list)------------------------------------------------------at LAS:ILS RWY 25L revisedILS RWY 25R revisedRNAV (GPS) RWY 1L addedRNAV (GPS) RWY 1R addedRNAV (GPS) RWY 19L addedRNAV (GPS) RWY 19R addedRNAV (GPS) RWY 25L addedGPS RWY 1R deletedat LAX:ILS RWY 6L revisedILS RWY 6R revisedILS RWY 7L revisedILS RWY 7R revisedILS RWY 24L revisedILS RWY 24R revisedILS RWY 24R CAT II & III revisedILS RWY 25L revisedILS RWY 25L CAT II & III revisedILS RWY 25R revisedRNAV (GPS) RWY 7L addedRNAV (GPS) RWY 7R addedRNAV (GPS) RWY 24L addedRNAV (GPS) RWY 24R addedRNAV (GPS) RWY 25L addedRNAV (GPS) RWY 25R addedVOR RWY 7L/R addedVOR OR GPS RWY 7L/R deletedVOR RWY 25L/R addedVOR OR GPS RWY 25L/R deletedNDB RWY 24R addedNDB OR GPS RWY 24R deletedMany fixes have been added, higher MEA's on approach have been inserted unless lower authorized by ATC, some fixes including the OM for ILS 24R at LAX have been changed.--------------------------------------Looks like some new stuff to fly and program into our FMC's .Ian E.