Sign in to follow this  

HELP!HELP!/NO SOUND

Hi everybody,I don't hear any GPWS sounds (Altitude alert,minimums,sink rate,50..,40..,20...,10, e.t.c.)I checked the carier options menu and the GPWS box is activated.What can it is? Thank you very muchPaul

I have had the same problem and I have asked numerous times and I havent gotten any solutions to this problem quite frustrating. I have read the manual, since I have had it for a year so I am pretty familiar with the operation of everything. Just not the callouts.Andrew

Andrew

Check the wav/mp3 volume for your sound card. That was the problem I had. If that doesn't work, try searching "GPWS" in this forum -- this issue has come up before. Good luck.

I did notice this myself that on occasions, the PIC logic gets confused and you loose all the GPWS callouts. It once got so confused I was getting the GPWS callouts on takeoff ! Clearly the software can confuse takeoffs with landings. Then when I was *really* landing I got no GPWS. I observed that this GPWS anomaly is often associated with invoking saved flight scenarios - I could be restarting with the same practice ILS landing and 3 times in a row GPWS will work but on the fourth reload it won't. I think there must be some sort of a bug here and the only remedy which always worked for me - to restart the FS2002.Michael J.

Michael J.