Sign in to follow this  

POSKY blurry textures

Would have posted to the POSKY forum, but it is closed yet again. My 762's, especially the AA one, get blurry textures. It seems that the aircraft is divided into thirds, with the front and rear thirds blurry and the central portion remains clear as a bell. Reloading the aircraft temporarily removes the problem, then it come back. Strangely, the 763's are unaffected.

I've had the blurry textures from time to time as well. The fix for the problem is in the POSKY forum, but unfortunately it's down. I've noticed that you can get rid of the blurry textures by zooming into the aircraft in spot plane mode. Just zoom right in until you don't see the blurry textures anymore, and you'll find that they're gone after you zoom back out.Blue Skies.http://www.cdf.toronto.edu/~g9foksun/Image...A_Signature.gif

Guest ilh

One fix used by myself and others and discussed in the POSKY forum is to open the textures in imagetool (if you have FS2002 Professional), extract mipmaps, and then saved the largest mipmap (*_0.bmp) over top the original texture. It may look like it doesn't preserve the alpha channel based on the screen status, but it does. Then, under the Windows menu close all windows, answer no to save on each.The net result is no mipmaps (lower resolution textures) and it will look crisp even from shallow viewing angles. POSKY started to do this to some of their textures. I have noticed no negative frame rate issues using this approach.If you don't have imagetool, perhaps you can use the freely available DXTbmp. I don't know. I also don't know if imagetool is available without FS2002 Professional. (Glad I bought Professional for reasons like this.)Do NOT distribute your personally modified POSKY textures as that would violate their policies.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)