Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

VATSIM West Regionals Friday night - let's see some 763

Just did a flight from KSEA-KTUS and had ATC from Oackland Centre all the rest of the way. It was my first visual in the Airbus (And I landed brilliantly, if I say so my-self).It was great to be able to ji=oin with you in a fly-in.Due to where I am in the world (New Zealand) it's now 4:45pm on Saturday. The event started 1PM Sat for me. Because of this the Sunday fly in's are when I'm at work on Monday.But anyway - I had great fun and the ATC was brilliant.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007 / ZK-RHJ)

Guest flightpro08

Was a very fun night. I worked San Diego approach the entire evening, and the entire west coast was the busiest I've seen it in awhile. Thanks everyone for a great night!Ryan-Flightpro08Taxiwaysigns.com

Hey Ryan,I just logged off after doing a KDEN to KTUS flight, it was great!Alot of good controlers and the visual to 29 was a fun change in the plan. :) Saw Mike at ABQ jetting off to KLAS at 1:50am, but couldn't join him. :(Thunderstorms in the Atlanta area tonight kept things interesting (thought I was going to loose power after a pretty close lightning strike, but I only lost RW for a few mins.) You'll have to plan this again when there are not T-storms in my area :-lolRegards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest ielchitz

Sorry I could not make the fun.By the time I got hooked up you were already unplugged at Tuscon.So I connected at KABQ in my SWA 737 (every now and then I like to fly a /A aircraft and use my radios) and filed to Las Vegas. Mike B was there to join in on the fun.........After 20 mins of technical SNAFU's we finally got our clearance. You could tell the controller was good since he had me departing riunway 26 @ A9, Mike departing Runway 17, and someone on the visual for runway 3 .The flight went pretty normal from ABQ_APP to ABQ_CTR to LAX_CTR and finally being stepped down and handed of to Vegas Approach. This is when the fun started. I was on the MIROK1 and given a vector after MIROK for the visual 19L approach. The Citation ahead of me was given the visual 19R approach. Mike, who was on the LYNSY1 was told to descend via the profile descent for 25L. Now being the trooper that he is - he asked for the visual to 19R. Approach gave him the Visual 19L. A few mins later Approach called Mike and asked to confirm that he was descending on the Lynsy1 (in other words - ##### are you doing?). Mike's response was that his FMC had totally locked up and was no longer useable so he would nee vecs (more on this later). I got cleared for the visual while on a sort of downwind - switched off the auto and took over, started my base turn and was told to contact the tower (who was text only). Anyhow - as we all know - flying by hand while typing to a tower is always a chore and a half. I made my turn too wide (it's usually a turn about 4.5-5nm out) and told twr I was on final for 19L. Usually on VATSIM we land guys on 19R, so tower said clear to land 19R - unable to type much or read much since I was so busy flying I did the old - HIT SPACE AND RETURN - which on VATSIM is sort of like saying "SWA301". I did not realize he clrd me for 19R and proceeded to land on 19L (OOOPS).Behind me came Mike, calling on final for 19L, tower told him to continue the visual approach for 19R, Mike told him that APP assigned 19L and to confirm he wanted him on 19R, tower said roger and Mike landed. It was not until about 10 mins later we realized that Mike was never cleared to land - LMAO.Anyhow.. not a great performancr by myself - and in Mike's defense it was about 3 Am for him. There appears to be an issue in the KLAS arrivals for the PIC FMC where when switchign runway transitions the FMC locks up totally. Mike will probably post a new thread about it - please remember guys - if any of the procedures that any of us made have any problems or just plain do not work - please post on teh forum abut them so we can fix 'em.I was all ready to head to LAX next, but lo and behold my system crashed while taxiing to the active.OK - bed time for me. I did not see a "PIC GROUP FLIGHT" planned for this weekend, perhaps we should try a flight somewhere in Europe.Ian Elchitz.

Ian,Continuing the trend I'll be doing a PIC Sunday session starting EGKK 1500Z. I figured maybe Mike was busy and hadn't got around to posting ideas for this weekend.I have got to make up for last weekends performance. Here I was, all set up with chow, beer etc.. all the essentials for a long session. First leg fine aside from playing catchup with Mike. Never tried 4x with PIC or Vatsim before. Very strange. Anyway, 5 mins after contacting BOS APP the doorbell goes. It's my sister and her kid. Aaaargh!! Left the flightdeck for 5mins twice. Controller didn't sound too happy. To cut a long story short I ended up totally blowing the 4R approach, putting her down half way down the runway and ending up in the river. I've never sunk a PIC before ! :-lolThis week the car's gonna be parked around the corner, shades drawn and answer machine on .... :)

Guest DWillens

Yeah, that was me AAL666 in front of AAL327 when Approach said to him "sorry sir RWY 29 is closed to 767's". You guys didn't know it at the time, but I thought that you were going to send ME away!! I thought that was very funny!Damonp.s. when I departed TUS later the controller asked me if I had the StJohns departure on board. I looked in the recently-posted *.zip file for all the PIC767 FMC procedures at TUS and this one was not there. The only one there was TUS6 departure. Did I miss something?

Guest MB327

Ryan,Yea, real f*%#*ng funny...I was thinking, "now I know this thing was set up for Tucson, Huh?? Could I have screwed this up or what the hell is going on, not that much traffic up there." Thus the 15 second delay (I'm sure there was some LMAO going on during that silence) in my response " Ahh, 327,, understand Tucson closed to 767s" Now I know there was some serious LMAO going on. It took ATC another, seems like, 45 seconds to advise I was subject of sick joke on Ryan's behalf. I am spending that time accessing fuel situation and alternates in range. When the joke was revealed, I also found out that Ryan, who was operating as text-only tower was monitoring the RW freq. I think I made a threat on RW to kill the little s#$t. Anyway, things were so busy from that point on that I never got a chance to thank you guys for the excellent work hosting the Western Regional. A great night all in all...

Guest MB327

Steve,Sorry you did not tag along. As Ian said above, the flight was very eventful. I still dont know how Ian had a 20 knot tail wind and I am burning up the engines to keep within 20 miles of him while dealing with an 80 knot headwind... It was fun though...

Guest MB327

What a wild night. KDEN-KTUS KTUS-KPHX KPHX-KABQ KABQ-KLAS, Eight and a half straight eventful hours. I slept till 11AM Saturday morning.I will put up a different post about the LYNSY1 STAR.GREAT TIME in the west...

Guest MB327

Start a new thread and list the flight plans and estimated departure times. I will join for at least some of it...

Nuts...missed it.Will be up for 1500z tomorrow in UK/Europe.Go Habs!