Sign in to follow this  
Guest byoung

DreamFleet 737-400 vs PIC 767

Guest byoung

Which is better?I can download DF 737-400.Does any retailer carry PIC 767?Barry

I like both of them quite a bit, but PIC767 is THE BEST flight simulator add-on ever. Highly realistic, highly accurate, highly functional, and great support.I purchased PIC from an EBX in Seattle a ways back. I don't know who has it on the shelves now, but you should be able to find it somewhere, I would guess.Summary: I'd buy them both, if I was you, but if you can only get one, PIC is the way to go.Jon (KSEA)

Guest ielchitz

You can purchase PIC767 online at the AVSIM store.Ship time is pretty short - but even if it is a week - you will need at least that amoung of time to get the manuals printed and read through them TWICE (highly recommended).Ian E.

This is the wrong place to ask which sim to buy. Naturally, folks here are biased towards PIC! However, the DF 737, especially the outside and interior views is graphically much more exciting than the PIC. Both are almost equal in flight realism as far as aircraft systems go. So if you can afford ir, get them both!Eytan

Guest byoung

Called Electronics Boutique and they no longer carry it...Any other Ideas?Barry

Sure, "graphically more exciting" than PIC but, by the same token, more CPU intensive and thus more liable to stuttering (unless you turn everything down). PIC is the only program I know (and I have them all) that is light on CPU and offers smooth performance even on my old clunker.Meekal

Guest byoung

I have a AMD Thunderbird 1.2 GHZ with 512MB ram and Nvidia GEForce 2 MX400 w/ 64MB of RAM.Should be fast enough for either PIC or DF?Thanks!Barry

Guest ilh

Yes, the DF 734's visual model is very tough on frame rates due to its 3D cabin visible through the windows. However, Wilco's visual model is as slow or slower for me in FS2002 due to its use of scenery for the aircraft. DF 734 spot view about 7-8fps and Wilco 767 about 6-7fps for me on a P3-933, 512MB, nVidia Quadro2 Pro 64MB, Windows 2000.In the cockpit, both achieve 14+ fps with my lock at 15.Many of us use a POSKY visual model with PIC, and that helps the frame rates a lot. Then again, you can use the MS default gmax 734 with the DF panel as well (until they come out with their gmax visual model sans 3D cabin). Both achieve 14+ with my lock at 15.Thus, I think the frame rates are awash, at least for my system. The DF is probably more memory intensive.If you can, get both.EDIT: I like seeing the contrast of the older 734 with the somewhat newer 763, yet there is a lot in common. I started on the DF and was able to pick up PIC very quickly, but there are differences that can trip you up.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Believe this is like comparing apples to oranges.I own both and enjoy them equally.

I am not sure if the reason is visual model because I compare say ERJ-145 panel (by Bill Grabowski, very nice freeware panel btw) to PIC's panel and I get much better (higher fps) with the PIC. Not much of a visual model in the ERJ to speak of. It is an interesting mystery but PIC runs much better than anything else out there. No wonder I use it for short haul flights as well :-lolMichael J.

>Believe this is like comparing apples to oranges. >I own both and enjoy them equally. I Agree with you... Both are excelent products.. But now that we are talking about panels I would like to hear the group opinions regarding other panels and how they compare to PIC's or DF Quality... I have PSS 747, PSS Airbus, DF737, PIC767 Embraer ERJ-145 (The Only Freeware with Payware Quality) but I've seen a panel that looks pretty interesting... It is the 747-200 AETI Panel... what is the group experience with this panel? is it any good? I would like to fly I heavy the old fashion way, No FMC (My Guess is the 747-200 was NOT equiped with advanced avionics)

Guest byoung

Bumping this up to see if anyone else that may have missed this thread can post comments.Thanks!Barry

Guest ielchitz

Again - as someone sauid above - this is a little like comaring apples to oranges.I own both aircraft. I fly both aircraft.The 737 is my short range aircraft of choice.The 767 is my long range aircraft of choice.Both aircraft offer me the ability to learn and use complex avionic systems.Both aircraft handle very well when flying manually.I totally enjoy both aircraft.These two add ons are well worth the price of admission.Ian E.

Guest Louis

Glad you brought up the 747-200 classic, it is one heck of a good package and even has the approval from Lou Betty from Dreamfleet.And i'm like you i love the old iron and will never get the glass cockpits. It's not like pic mind you but very good, only thing is they could not get it to work like it did on fs2000, the epr's are not right and a few other things though no fault of there's so i don't use it any more, but yes if you want to slap it on fs2000 by all means get it.And now some thing i've been wondering, what's gonna happen to pic when 2004 comes out-are we gonna be able to to make it work? Louis