Sign in to follow this  

W179 bug

I have discovered a possible bug in 767 PIC under FS2002. On a flight from Tahiti to Auckland, NZ, as soon as I reached 179W longitude, the IRS loses alignment and all my navigation instruments go blank! Bringing up the overhead panel the IRS shows 181E!! On further testing, any attempts to position the plane within 179W to 180W longitude results in the same IRS error and loss of instrumentation. Has anyone else noticed this problem and is there a workaround?Thank in advance ;) Skyskipper

>any attempts to position the plane within 179W to 180W longitude >results in the same IRS error How are you trying to re-align? IRU align is done in flight in ATT mode, then you set heading using the HDG selector and then pressing H and the magnetic heading of you ac (somebody else please confirm I'm not 100% sure)

No.If you put the IRS into ATT mode, it will lose its alignment. Att is a backup mode that gives you attitude and if you enter magnetic heading, it can display you current heading. No latitude/longtitude information is available.A fast re-alignment is accomplished by putting the IRS into Align mode, entering the new coordinates and then putting the IRS back into NAV mode. 30 secs later you will have full IRS availability (note: aircraft must be standing still on the ground)If you lose alignment at 179

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png