Sign in to follow this  
Guest NWB009

What's the longest 767-300 flight possible ? VHHH-KJFK

Guest NWB009

I'm constantly trying to get ultra-long ETOPS or long hauls, where can I find real flight plans that are the longest possible, and can edit out pax/cargo, for an empty flying gas tank ?

One of the longest on record is JFK-Johannesburg. But it is served by 747. Also Newark-Bejing (served by 777 over the Pole). You will probably have to look at some 3-rd world countries airlines to find scheduled 767 flights over 10 hours in duration. I know Polish LOT flies 767 EPWA-KORD and this is about 10 hours. Michael J.

I believe it is Moscow to Los Angeles done by Aeroflot in a 767. There was a post about that a little earlier in the forum with the flight plan for it I believe.Later,Neil

Guest HeavyFan

I know that Air NEw Zealand and Air Canada fly out of my home airport of Honolulu Intl-Auckland or Sydney non stop which is about a 10HR Flight with 767-300ER's! I don't know of any other ones? I also know ANA Flies a 767-300ER from HNL-KANSAI..that is the only other ones i know plus American uses 767-300ER's from HNL-O'Hare! I know these are not the longest flights I don't think for 767's but gives you an idea what goes out of PHNL Intl! MIKE -:)

Guest ielchitz

CYYZ - LLBGToronto to Tel Aviv is 12 hours on the way there and about 12.5 on the way back. Served by an ACA B762.I think I might have a FP for this kicking around somewhere...Ian.

LLBG-CYYZ is also covered by El-Al, which uses both the 777 and the 762 on that route.

Varig has a 763ER flight from GRU to CDG, of course 5061 nm is a far cry from the 7000+ nm in the VHHH-KJFK flight...Yet, in case you want the info...it is flight RG8720...

I have flown that one in the sim and in reality. The return flight was in an A340....long one just ask my butt!!!!Great trip!!!!! Fun fun fun!RegardsTony

You can figure this out for yourself, if you want. Here is one way to do it:Set the fuel to Maximum. This should result in about 160,000 lb fuel.Set the zero fuel weight to the empty operating weight, normally just shy of 200,000 lb. Takeoff and climb to optimum cruise altitude for the weight. Set all winds to zero. After level off, select long range cruise and allow speed to stabilize. Note fuel burn rates, and then reset the fuel to, say 75 % and repeat the process of climbing to optimum altitude and allowing the speed to stabilize and noting fuel burn rates. Do this for 50% and 25%. Now you have a basis for establishing the endurance and the no wind speed for a range of weights. The rest is a matter of high school math, which is beyond the math most airline pilots have to depend upon themselves to use!If you want the short, WAG answer, the 767-300, at weights typical of nothing but a full fuel load, burns, on average, about 10,000 lb/hr. Averaged into a 160,000 lb load, and allowing for 20,000 lb the first hour, that would result in 15 hours endurance. Allow 30 minutes VFR reserve, and you have 14.5 hours at a no wind speed of around 460 kts. That means you can go just shy of 6700 miles no wind.

Alitalia Fly his B767-300ER from LIMC (milano Malpensa) to KLAX (Los Angeles). A very long trip!By great circle the distance is about 5200 nm but by airways it reach more than 5600 nm. Flight time is about 11 hours. It depend from destination (LIMC to KLAX o viceversa) and from wind!Ciao,I-DFOX (Dimifox)Air Brixia 094 - First Captainhttp://www.magiweb.com/airbrixia/home.htm

Iberia's longest flight is Madrid-Santiago de Chile. It's about 13:30 hours. It is flown with the A340-300. Guess 767 can't do that.RegardsNacho Temi

Guest HPSOV

Not a scheduled flight I know, but the delivery flight of our last 767-300 was Seattle-Sydney direct. Flight time of over 16 hours, completed with around 20 passengers, no cargo. Landed with around 4500kg remaining.

Guest NWB009

oh, yeah that'd be terriffic ! any ultra long ETOPS would be cool, especially a delivery flight !

Another very long haul scheduled 767 300ER flight is Air Canada AC 031 CYVR to ZSPD a 12h25 schedule departing Vancouver at 1200 am and arriving Shanghai (Pudong) at 1525 + 1.RichardCYHM