Sign in to follow this  

GPWS WILL NOT WORK FOR NOTHING! AAHAHHRRGH!

mokmakI HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ANWSERS TO MY QUESTIONS ALL UP AND DOWN THIS FORUM BUT IT IS 3AM AND I AM STARTING TO HEAR CREEPY VOICES SO I AM CALLING IT THE NIGHT. MY GPWS WILL NOT WORK AT ALL. I HAVE RE-INSTALLED THE PATCH(2.1), PIC SOFTWARE, FS2002, ENABLE 767 PIC SOUNDS, GPWS ALT CALLOUTS IN CARRIER REALISM OPTIONS, YOU NAME IT, I HAVE DONE IT BUT STILL, NOW CALLOUTS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT WENT WRONG, BUT I DO BELIEVE THIS FUNCTION WAS OPERATIVE AT FIRST INSTALL OF FS2002 AND 767PIC. SOMETHING WENT WRONG AND SOME FILES WERE MISPLACED AND KNOW I MISS THE MOST FASCINATING PART OF LANDING THIS MAGNIFICENT BIRD. THE CALLOUTS, THER'S NO USE IN LANDING OR FLYING, FOR THAT MATTER IF YOU CAN'T HEAR THAT. I NEED YOUR HELP. I HAVE POSTED SIGNS IN MANY FORUMS BUT NO LUCK. I BELIEVE I HAVE NOW FOUND THE BEST FORUM FOR SUCH ISSUES, SO PLEASE I KNOW YOU ARE OUT THERE WITH THE ANWSER. HELP.

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I confirm the issue...If I remember correctly when I first installed PIC into FS2002 the GPWS altitude calls were played. Then suddently, no more...!Someone suggested to put the FSSound.dll module in FS2002. I did that but then it got worse! I lost ALL PIC panel sounds when I have the sound ON, and got them when I had the sound OFF !!!!!Does anyone know if the GPWS altitude calls are programmed into the gauge or are seperate wav files? In the case of the later I can check and locate them in case they were accidentally deleted...Thanks for any adviseGeorge DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

have a look at this slider

Hi George. The sounds are contained within the GPWS gauge so you haven't misplaced any files unless it's the GPWS gauge itself. Regards,Wade

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Yeah... That's what I thought.I tried it again tonight and even max out all the PIC sound sliders.Still can't get the alt calls. But I DO get the 'Minimums' callout!Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

hey george, I heard someone say the sound files are tied to the gauges but i don't know how the hell you access them or if you can alter them in any kind of way. you say you get the "minimus" call. where is that located.

for those of you who do have the callouts, please post your sound.cfg fie for us to see, so we can pin point what sounds are being used and what wav files are in operation. also what gauge files are being used and how many are there, exactly. please help! I have no sounds coming out of the radio altimeter. not even the "minumus" sound, george.

Why is my tail wing light not comming on.{vertical stabalizer}

Very important distinction - does it happen when you load previously stored scenario or does it happen when you start from scratch to create flight ? It did happen to me quite a few times but only in the first case.Michael J.

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I will try it again tonight. Maybe I 'thought' I heard the 'Minimums' call... I'm not so sure about anything anymore!One thing is for sure. The callouts work fine in FS2000 but not, for some, in FS2002.Let's see if we can pin-point what is wrong.Some details about my system:- Both FS2000 and FS2002 installed, each in its own different partition.- FSUIPC 2.85 Installed in both FS2000 and FS2002.- PIC Installed in both FS2000 and FS2002, Freshly installed and then patched.- I use the visual model of POSKY 767-300 Ver 3 with the original PIC FDE. No problems noted with the merge.- The Aircraft.cfg is only edited for the gear, scrape and lights points.- My sound card is the SB Live!. Multimedia settings for the card are set to allow 32 simultaneous wav playback. The mixer settings are normal and the Wav playback is at 85% Volume (For the fellow who posted the mixer settings screenshot).- DirectX 8.1 freshly installed. Win98SE OS.- The GPWS Altitude Callouts in the Carrier Options of PIC is ENABLED (Ticked).- All other sounds of PIC play normally.- I use the Pegasus Style EADI and the dual bar Flight Director.- The DH is usually set to 200Ft, but I change it according to the procedure I follow.What I will try :- I will fly the original visual model of PIC. But I don't think this may have anything to do with the panel gauge!- I will disable the GPWS Alt callouts in the carrier options. Maybe by mistake the effect is reversed! I haven't thought of that!!! :-)- I will change the EADI type to the Standard one.Let's see what goes.Could someone of the PIC team give us a checklist of the gauges used by the panel? I assume they all start with 'PIC' but I would like to compare with the gauges I have in my system. Maybe something was missed in the installation/patch. Just to get this out of the way.It's the most perfect aircraft/panel I have ever used in FS, and this is the only bad spot I have noticed. It doesn't stop me from flying it, but it does reduce the realism a bit. Especially in bad wx approaches.Cheers,George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I forgot to mention this in my post below...I always start a flight without loading any scenario.I place my self where I want (I do not use the create flight method, I have disabled the welcome menu of FS), and then go to PIC, Panel, Load a panel from a flight and select the 'First Delivery CYYZ' to load the panel settings from. I always start my flights with cold & dark cockpit.Also, the GPWS Warnings work fine. And I do get the warnings whenever I do a stupid approach :-)Cheers,George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

George, there is a test button in the middle of the annunciator lights which will sound the "Whoop whoop pull up" sound as well as flash all of the warning lights. When you press that do you hear any sound?Regards,Wade

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Hi Wade (and everybody...)Yes, I always test the GPWS during the pretake-off checklist.It worked every time.I just completed a flight and got all the altitude calls normally.What I did was to restore the default settings in the PIC menu, then reset to my liking. I don't know if this is what cured it, but I nowhave the sounds normally... Or maybe it was because I have set thePIC Sounds volume to 100% ? Maybe the sounds were played after all all the time but were covered by the engine, wind or ATC noise!Anyway, it works, and I am happy! :-jumpyThank you all for your help... Now the 767 is 100% close to real...Well... almost... It only misses that hot blonde chief attendant. ;-)Well, I guess we can't have it all! :-)George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

Ok. nobody wants to acknowoledge my post up and why this darn for saken thing is not working. it is driving me insane and i can't figure out why it's not working for me in fs2002. nobody wants to post up there panel and sound cfg files? come on help me out!!!

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Ok, let see...I had it working and lost it for a while. Now I have the calls back.Problem is I don't know what I did to fix it. I did a lot of 'undo' stuff of actions/installations I had performed in FS2002.I will try to help you out.First of all, I assume you made a clean install and then installedthe patch/update for FS2002.Step 1. Check that the file b767wgpws.gau exists in the FS2002GAUGESfolder.Step 2. Check that the following line exists in the panel.cfg file in the 767 Wilco...Panel folder under the {Window01} section :gauge26=B767Wgpws, 760, 239, 150Step 3. Check and confirm that you have GPWS Altitude callouts enabled (Checked) in the Carrier Options, and that the PIC Panel sounds are set to 100%Step 4. Make sure you have set your sound card to play simultaneous wav files. BTW, which sound card do you have ?Step 5. Check in the modules folder of FS2002 that you do NOT have the FSSound.dll installed...Step 6. Reset the PIC options to their default, exit FS, reload, load PIC, reset the options to your liking, save the flight, exit FS, reload and try again.It's also a nice idea to run a DirecX diagnostic for your sound card to make sure it works properly. Maybe you need to reinstall DirectX 8.1 If none of the above helps, try reinstalling PIC... I am running out of ideas here...George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas