Sign in to follow this  

FsNavigator

Hi..When I use FsNavigator and let FsNavigator fly the plane everything works except Altitude. It steers the plane fine and does everything else to follow the flight plan except Altitude. Can someone tell me what the problem is.David AlbrightFAA Flight dispatcherSingle and Mult-engine rated pilot

Guest WorkingStiff

The "problem" is that FSNav interfaces with the native FS autopilot. The 767 PIC autopilot is programmed independent of the one in FS so there's no way for FSNav to interact with PIC's autopilot.Why would anyone use FSNav to fly 767 PIC anyway?

Never heard of Delta, American, Continental or other 767 users that they installed FSNavigator in their cockpits *:-* :-lol Michael J.

Don't do it use FSbuild to build flightplans....then export!!!!RegardsTonyHey STiffY!~!!!!!

Use FsNav for fun just to see where you are like a graphical map inflight etc. or it is like having flight charts right there. Another good use of it is that you can vector yourself for approach if you are not using atc of any kind. Other then that use the FMC to do your navigating.Aaron.

Guest WorkingStiff

Great point!I use FSNav to verify the correct altitude to intercept the glideslope or sometimes to quickly look up a fix. Other than that, the only time I use it is as a moving map display....Mike Bevington taught me a neat trick a few weekends ago to use FSNav in multiplayer mode instead of VATSIM's TCAS.

Me as well Stiffy. When he told me you needed to change the range from inside squawkbox and not FS Nav (it seemed the obvious place to look I thought ;-)) you see a helluva load of planes when it gets busy!

>Another good use of it is that you can >vector yourself for approach if you are not using atc of any >kind. >I actually manage to vector myself using only the NAV display in PIC. I simply switch to high enough resolution display (smaller range) and it is a perfect moving map with runway centerline extension, etc. I also use FIX page on the FMC to create distance markers - it is just perfect. Don't need anything else. Michael J.

>I actually manage to vector myself using only the NAV display in >PIC. I simply switch to high enough resolution display (smaller >range) and it is a perfect moving map with runway centerline >extension, etc. I also use FIX page on the FMC to create distance >markers - it is just perfect. Don't need anything else. The FS GPS would work for this too.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Yes, yes, but the point is to use the standard 767 equipment *only*. Clearly real 767 pilots don't have access to FS GPS ..... hmmm.Michael J.

>Yes, yes, but the point is to use the standard 767 equipment *only*. >Clearly real 767 pilots don't have access to FS GPS ..... hmmm.I guess, but then real 767 pilots in an IFR environment probably wouldn't be vectoring themselves either.Either way there is a stretch somewhere.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

I use FNav's multiplayer option as well.If you are flying with a bunch of guys and want to get distance and bearing from them to you (or vise versa) just right-click and drag a line from you to them.The trick is that when you release the right mouse button, it would normally zoom in on the area you drew...but if you left-click while still holding the right mouse button, it will just release the line and let you control the mouse again (without zooming in). Its alot easier to try it than for me to attempt to explain it! :)This is great when someone wants to join on you and they can't see you (assuming they have data tags off)...you can put on your controller hat and tell them to "Turn left heading XXX, I'm currently 11 nautical miles from your current position." Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

>probably wouldn't be vectoring themselves either. >Probably not. But what is the primary purpose of ATC - to vector pilots or provide separation ? I believe it is the latter. Pilots should be able to essentially self-navigate themselves to the runway. The ND display on 767 is probably not "approved" for final approach but as I showed it can be used for that purpose with great success. As a matter of fact I don't see why would FS GPS or FSNav be better for this purpose. Combined with the FIX page you can actually see more information on the ND display (relevant to your approach).Michael J.

>> The ND display on 767 is probably >> not "approved" for final approach...I read an article by Tom Block who was commenting on using the ND for non-precision approaches by itself as long as a laundry list of other things were in order. So if he were approaching EGLL in haze and all of a sudden the ILS went out (and all of the other navaids in the area) he would be able to look down and follow the white dotted road to the runway. Anyone else remember that article in Flying Magazine a while back?Neil