Sign in to follow this  
Guest bisinchi

Full Auto Land

Guest bisinchi

I have experienced this 2 or 3 times:Full autoland landing, gear down, flaps 30, speed set for VRER+5, Autoland Cat 3 enabled, airplane is aligned, no problems.Then I switch from the cockpit viewto the tower view, so I can ee my landing as a spotter (I know, this is not realistic, but I love doing that sometimes!!). I see the plane coming over the threshold of the runway, then all I see is the plane pretty much taking of like it was doing a go-Around. I switch to the cockpit view and the engines are at full power, the plane is slighty going up +200ft/mn. I wonder what's happening!! Has anyone an explanation??Francois

HiPossibly you joystick or yoke is still on full thrust and during your observation this input overrides the autothrottle. And due to the high thrust the aircraft raises his nose?!?I don't know. I often do landings the way you described and never had any problems except that the aircraft is always a bit to the right of the ILS but still on the runway during touchdown.Thanks Martin

Yeah, when you start your descent make absoutely sure that you bring your physical throttle back to idle - when the airplane flares, the autothrottle disconnects and if the joystick throttle control isn't all the way back, thrust won't go to idle and you'll coast down the runway. I had this happen on VATSIM at KLAX and nearly crashed trying to recover from it... SOCAL APP was not happy... ;)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hey Francois,I'd agree that its probably your phys. throttle set to full that is causing you to takeoff again.I would suggest that you make the landing in the cockpit, then use instant replay to watch it from the tower.Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest bisinchi

Hi GuysThanks for your feedbacks!! I think you may be right, sometimes I think I left my throttle at full power and I didn't realise that the A/T would be disconnected on flarin. But that would be consistent with the problem, I'll try again!!Thanks anyway,Fancois