Sign in to follow this  

Hand Flying and trim problems

Dear All,I have a MS Force Feedback 2 stick and want to try more hand flying with the 767. I am reasonably proficient at AP flying but now need to explore the product fully. The main problem that I have is that the trim buutons on the two small buutons on top of the stick next to the hat. If i press these buttons when the stick is in the neutral position it is difficult to stop the stick from moving and thus the a/c climbing or decsending. The stick seems too sensitive. I was hoping that I could put the stick into the middle position and adjust trim as needed. In this way you would relieve any pressure being put on the stick. I have tried to reassign the trim buttons to the side button ( button 7 & 8) but it does not seem to work aswell as the buttons on the top. I am unsure if this needs to be programmed as a keystroke or a macro in the MS programming software.Sorry this seems long winded but I would appreciate any help, even a copy of another users profile for FF2 joystick that I could use.ThanksClowesy

Hi,I tried your route first, and got the same result.First change the Trim buttons/keys to match the HAT up/down.Then after mapping a POV/HAT up down buttons to the F11 F12 keys ( you must remap in FS2002 the trim from NUM 7 and NUM 1 )This allows the keys to be pressed on increments based on hold time or by single key presses for fine tuning ( the latter is prefered ) > Pitch, Power, Trim I am using a 3rd party Device controller/Mapper ( CH Control Manager ) but you can check others out there. - FDC, FSUIPC, etc.- Alex

Alex,Thanks for the advice. I nad not even thought about the POV hat. I suppose I could assign 2 joystick button (7 and 8) to replace the F11 and F12 responses. I dont really understand all those joystick settings on FSUPIC so I leave them well alone.Thanks for your helpClowesy