Sign in to follow this  
Guest Coneman

The toughest plane to handle?

Guest Coneman

Another thread got me thinking about this. What is the toughest airplane to fly that you have installed in FS2002? I know for me the Alphasim B-25J ranks right up there. You've really got to be on top of it on approaches. It's challenging to fly but that may be why it's one of my favorites.Cheers,Todd

I've found Simubuild's A340 pretty interesting.... It has a very slow turn rate, or so it seems...The Flight1 Cessna 421 also is interesting when landing. Speed bleeds off very fast when flaring, and you can hit stall speed before you know what happened! Had to shoot several dozen touch 'n goes before I had a feel for it. I found out that Steve Small's feel for flight dynamics and my own style of tweaks are very similar..... I have to say that the Flight1 Cessna has become THE aircraft of choice for my FS flying--I really do feel like I have a "personal airliner".-John

Hi Todd, Interesting question you ask, going off a little, I'm surprised we've as yet not seen a good DC3 flight model. The old boys who I sometimes suck a digestive with, say there was always a period on take off, when fingers became crossed, it was known as dead stick I believe, perhaps if Trevor Morson reads this he can expand a little here.Cheers ToddGeorge

FOr me it was the Concorde in FS98. I naver mamanger to land that thing. I could do a perfect landing in the 747 with 1/4 mile visibility and cross-winds but the Concorde I never was able to land. Also a few weeks ago I downloaded a COnvair (I think) and I took off and I crashed becasue I had no control over it..it just went up and down the whole time like it was drunk and crashed..that might have ben some bug or somethingSo, the FS98 Concorde is number 1 for me.Take careMike

The T-38 Talon just released a few weeks back by FSD. Flight model by Steve Small. Very believable....it's an absolutely wicked thing to fly. Rate of roll....instant. Don't sneeze with your hands on the controls...The B.314 Clipper....a difficult aircraft to fly WELL. Lots of time split between the pilot's chair and the engineer's panel. To manage it well...you really could use a flight engineer and a co-pilot.

I forgot about that one. I find it impossible to fly straight...the slightest touch of the yoke rolls it like 10 degrees. It's fun to fly though after you get the hang of it.Sneezing...don't even look away with the hand on the yoke because the slightest movement rolls it like crazy :-lolTake careMike

Guest Coneman

errrr....I forgot about the Convair. Yeah, that plane is wicked. Another one that demands good approaches. If your high, just plan on doing a flyby.....:-) You know, from what I've read, a lot of these aircraft behave like their real life counterparts, within reason of course. Another I forgot about is the 727. Just like it's real one, it's difficult to nail greaser landings.Todd