Sign in to follow this  
Peter Clark

Checklist altitudes

Could someone please list the standard altitudes for the in-flight (after-takeoff, climb, descent, approach) checklists?Thanks in advance!P

Guest HPSOV

We do the before takeoff checklist once the cabin has been given their takeoff warning PA ("Cabin crew be seated for takeoff").After takeoff checklist is done once the flaps have been retracted, and workload permits.Approach checklist is done on passing transition and setting QNH (varies from FL180 to FL055).Landing checklist is done once flaps 30 has been set ("flaps thirty landing checklist" is the standard call).

Guest WorkingStiff

Peter,I see HPSOV has already given you the 767 pilot's perspective. Are you trying to set up Flight Deck Companion?I've been trying to find this information also and from my research it seems that control responsibilities are based more on traffic volume and distance rather than on specific altitudes. If someone has better information please feel free to correct me.Here are my best guesses based on my online(VATSIM) experiences and from listening to live ATC feeds:Tower controls both arriving and departing aircraft within 5 miles of the airport up to 3000 ft. AGL.Approach and Departure are responsible for the airspace between 3,000 and 17,000 ft.Center controls altitude of 17,000 ft and above and any other airspace that is not otherwise controlled.Also, here's my FDC setup. I'm quite liberal with my altitudes since I fly online and I prefer that FDC doesn't interfere with my interaction with the online controllers. I don't start my climb checks until 7000 ft because initial clearance on VATSIM is usually between 5-7,000 ft so 7,000 is an approximation of the altitude I would dial into my MCP. Usually by 3,000 ft I'm handed over to Departure anyway.You can start the climb checklists after the captain issues the "climb thrust" command at 1000 ft AGL too.Hope this helps.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3ce1196331998305.jpg

Thanks gentlemen,Workingstiff called it - I'm trying to set up FDC. It's actually a pretty cool piece of software. I'm just working on setting up the performance and flap speed section. (Yea, I found the FDC file here, but it's flaps speeds bear no relation to what the speed tape/FMC tells me to use for that weight).Which brings up a flaps procedures question: When you hit a F on the speed tape, is that when you pull the flaps lever to that setting? Like during approach deceleration, if the first flaps placard is showing on the speedtape at 220knots, do you select flaps1 when you hit 220 knots, or do you pull the lever before that? I've probabally been scaring all my passengers by waiting until the placard before selecting the next knotch of flaps, although I've never gotten anywhere near the stall blocks...Thanks again!P

Guest WorkingStiff

I have a pretty good performance file already with numbers straight from a 767 operating manual.The only problem with FDC is that when the difference is less than 10 knots, V1 and Vr are calculated as the same speed.