Sign in to follow this  

Lowest ZFW on 767PIC

Good day folks, i fly 767PIC all the time, and i mostly do pilots only flights. i know that entering a ZFW of 245 in not really correct, do to the fact that 245 is the ZFW with full plane passengers and cargo. so will be possible to enter a lower weight, and if so let me know what are my numbers, from what to what please.Any Help Will Be Very Helpfull.

Guest MB327

I have 3 versions of the livery I fly set up in FS2002, 199 ZFW, 245 ZFW, 288 ZFW. I think those are near to the upper and lower limits. All are PIC/POSKY V3 merges of the American Airlines livery and the only differences are the Zero Fuel Weights. This is done by having 3 duplicate sets of folders (slightly different names - you can guess what) in the aircraft folder and then making adjustments in the aircraft.cfg files as shown in the PIC/POSKY V3 example below for a 199 ZFW. --> lines to be edited(fltsim.0)--> title=767 PIC-POSKY3 199 ZFWsim=767 Pilot in Command Wilco Publishingmodel=panel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=767PIC_CHECKkb_reference=767PIC_REFatc_id=N327MBatc_airline=Americanatc_flight_number=327atc_heavy=1visual_damage=1ui_type=767-300 POSKY-Pilot in Commandui_manufacturer=Boeing--> ui_variation=American PIC/POSKY3 199-ZFWdescription=767 Pilot in Command / Project OpenSky(General)--> performance=ZFW 199,000 lbs, MTOW 408,000 lbs, MLW 320,000 lbsatc_type=BOEINGatc_model=B763'''''(WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE)reference_datum_position=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000empty_weight_CG_position=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000max_number_of_stations=50station_load.0=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000--> empty_weight=199000.000000empty_weight_roll_MOI=2286000.000000empty_weight_pitch_MOI=7018000.000000empty_weight_yaw_MOI=8897000.000000empty_weight_coupled_MOI=1300.000000Should other lines in the weight and balance section be edited as well?? - Yea, I think so but have never messed with them because I do not know what I am doing to performance. All I know is that this works well for me and I have 3 aircraft that all handle much differently from one another as you would expect from that much difference in weight.The other thing you need to do is enter the matching ZFW in the FMC each time you program it. If you have multiple aircraft models set up with different ZFWs it is sometimes easy to get confused as to which one you are sitting in. If you want to get particular, you could make edits in other files to reflect the ZFW that was placed in the aircraft.cfg file. For instance, you could edit the "checklists" or "reference" text files so that the respective ZFW appears after "767-300 Pilot in Command" on the kneeboard. I do not do that as the naming convention I use (in the example above) is enough of a reminder for now. But when the short term memory begins to slip in a few years, well that's another story.If you only want to change the ZFW to something specific and then use it all the time, you can just edit the aircraft.cfg file of the model you are using now by making the changes shown above to a ZFW of your choosing.

Guest ilh

Mike, I suppose you could scale the MOIs (moment of intertias) too as the weight changes. If there were a load editor that would actually place the passengers in their seats and cargo in the correct locations, using the weight stations (e.g., like DF737's Load Manager), then I believe the MOIs would change. The MOIs in the aircraft.cfg are just due to empty_weight. I believe FS computes the final MOIs using the station loads too.Then again, I doubt it matters all that much. Most of the additional weight is probably pretty close to the CoG and probably doesn't have a huge effect on MOI. I doubt it would be terribly noticeable flying, but what do I know.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Guest Muppet22

ZFW doesn't depend on the length of the trip, as it is the weight without fuel. ZFW depends on factors like passengers, cargo, baggage etc etc anything really apart from fuel. You could have a 300nm flight say from Heathrow to Paris CDG and the ZFW is likely to be near a long haul 76 flight as the Heathrow - Paris route is classed as 'high density' - very popular thus expalins the reason why BA often choose the larger 767 to fly this route instead of a 75 or any of their buses.

>Mike, I suppose you could scale the MOIs (moment of >intertias) too as the weight changes. If there were a load >editor that would actually place the passengers in their >seats and cargo in the correct locations, using the weight >stations (e.g., like DF737's Load Manager), then I believe >the MOIs would change. The MOIs in the aircraft.cfg are >just due to empty_weight. I believe FS computes the final >MOIs using the station loads too. >>Then again, I doubt it matters all that much. Most of the >additional weight is probably pretty close to the CoG and >probably doesn't have a huge effect on MOI. I doubt it >would be terribly noticeable flying, but what do I know. >>Lee Hetherington (KBOS) Very ineresting point, Lee.I'm using POSKY B767-300F UPS livery with 130 t. ZFW (286.000 lbs, 22000 lbs for reserve :-). I didn't touch the MOIs. I'll change the DF734's passenger number tonight. Let's see how the MOI's will be changed, or it's a variable value..By the way, thanks for PIC&POSKY Merge. But i find static pitch is diffrent from orginal PIC model and it looks like effecting pitch stability in climb, especially on high altitudes. But changing static pitch to orginal PIC value causing the main gear contact points to move up, so it's needs a bit tweak. And for the flaps, I'm improved your's zero effecting leading flap idea. I've 3 set of flaps. The firs one is set 0,5,10,15,20,25,30 with zero drag, pitch and lift scalas so flap gauge show correctly. Second set is for leading edge devices(0,1,0,0..). it's dont producing lift and drag like trailing edge devices but reducing stall speed. And last set is set 0,0,5,15,20,25,30 respectively.With this configuration you can feel real difference of flaps 5 and 15 take offs, it's very interesting to feel how the plane balloned when flaps set 5 to 15 on intermedite approach. it's funny! So what about PIC&POSKY merge version 4??Regards,Bozhan

Guest MB327

At the beginning of each flight I decide on what I want to fly based on nothing other than personal preference. A lot of folks fly a variety of aircraft, I fly PIC 100% of my IFR flights. To me, variety is obtained by selecting one of the three 767PICs I have in my aircraft menu. On any evening I might fly each of them but it just depends on my mood at the time. ZFW really makes a big difference in flight planning and handling characteristics. If you strip her down to 199 ZFW and only load up 90 minutes of fuel, you will be amazed at the climb rate and how short of a runway you can land on. On the other end of the scale, 288 ZFW with a large quantity of fuel will test your patience and skills. If you like hand flying, both are recommended. Generally, I start out my evening on the middle or heavy side and choose the lighter AC later on. It just depends on what you want to simulate.