Sign in to follow this  
Guest NWB009

KSEA-LIRF, possible ? also I have very high nose attitu

Guest NWB009

Granted, I am at a MTOW and using 80 as a cost factor, but at FL28500, for the first 300 NM of the flight, shouldn't the FMC look at poor TAS and nose attitude, I had about 295 GS.....I will say I was using a awesome repaint from Timbo, that had nothing to do with it, but was just striking to look at, I recommend it as a download

I am not exactly sure what the problem is here, maybe you could pose a question? Perhaps a screen shot and your ZFW might help. You are using Lee's merge file for your add-on aircraft? "Timbo's" aircraft may have everything to do with the "problem" you may have.You have read the manuals as well, right?Rob.

Guest ilh

"Timbo's aircraft" sure sounds like POSKY, and I'll bet you're using POSKY's flight dynamics. Been there, done that, and will not do that again with PIC.My "merge" preserves PIC's flight dynamics, which I believe work MUCH better with the PIC panel/autopilot.Either that or you were using V/S with too high a value that was sacraficing airspeed to achieve a vertical speed.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

A resounding YES!!! Use the PIC airfile. Hello to Lee...great work...hope all is well!RegardsTony

Guest NWB009

oh yes....! of course I have been using the merge on all POSKY/PIC aircraft I have (6 total)...so flight dynamics are right there with PIC, I think perhaps my FMC programming is incorrect, but the merge file is super...thank you Lee

Guest ilh

So what TAS were you at (FMC PROG page 2 will tell you TAS)? What nose angle? Were you climbing in VNAV, FL CH, or V/S?GS could be misleading due to winds, but 295 sounds pretty low.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Guest NWB009

>So what TAS were you at (FMC PROG page 2 will tell you TAS)? > What nose angle? Were you climbing in VNAV, FL CH, or V/S? >>GS could be misleading due to winds, but 295 sounds pretty >low. >>Lee Hetherington (KBOS) Forgot TAS, but about 11 degress nose high, like Vr and VNAV...would that glight be possible KSEA to KIRF ?

"but about 11 degress nose high" - I assume you are cruising with a 11 degree nose up attitude...something is very wrong."like Vr and VNAV..." - like, I have no idea what you are trying to say."would that glight be possible KSEA to KIRF ?" - if you find the flight distance, then go to www.boeing.com and you can find out for sure if the flight is possible by looking at the data for the 767-300ER.I think you would be best served by taking some time to learn the basics of the 767PIC, then try the flight again. This is not an aircraft you can just jump in with 100% fuel and blast off...if that is what you are looking for, MS Fs2k2 aircraft will be perfect for you, forget about the PIC, save your money.Rob.

Guest NWB009

>"but about 11 degress nose high" - I assume you are cruising >with a 11 degree nose up attitude...something is very wrong. >>"like Vr and VNAV..." - like, I have no idea what you are >trying to say. >>"would that glight be possible KSEA to KIRF ?" - if you find >the flight distance, then go to www.boeing.com and you can >find out for sure if the flight is possible by looking at >the data for the 767-300ER. >>I think you would be best served by taking some time to >learn the basics of the 767PIC, then try the flight again. >This is not an aircraft you can just jump in with 100% fuel >and blast off...if that is what you are looking for, MS >Fs2k2 aircraft will be perfect for you, forget about the >PIC, save your money. >>Rob. rude,rude,rude @!.....such arrogance on this forum at times !simple question, such a response not neccessary !

Guest ilh

I just took off at close to MTOW (ZFW 245,000lbs + full fuel), CI 80, and climbed up to the optimal cruise altitude of FL290 in about 16-17 minutes. I was in VNAV, and it maintained the desired 308 KIAS in the climb and then levelled off and maintained 314 KIAS without difficulty. The TAS is 470kts level at FL290. At level cruise, the nose was maybe 2* up.As I approached FL290, the climb rate was about 1000fpm.Everything sounds fine to me. This was with my PIC/POSKYv3. You must be doing something differently or have a screwed up merge. That sure sounds like what happens when you have POSKY aircraft.cfg parameters.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Guest NWB009

Thank you, I'll verify tonight that I have proper done the merge correctly, as I under stand it I just bring model and texture from POSKY and place into the folder for POSKYv3 folder, hit the dos prompt, and the light fixes, and she's done....I may have overlooked a step or goofed on something else.....the merge works excellent on the other liveries !

The last time I saw this problem, the person concerned had True Airspeed set up in his settings rather than show "Indicated Airspeed".All FMC calculations are done by Indicated Airspeed as in the real thing.Check that out as I suspect that is the problem.Dave B

Dave,I am certain you are correct, I have seen this same problem posted (TAS/IAS) a seveal times and suspected that was the case - usually posted by people looking to be spoon-fed all the answers to the "problems" they think they have because they fail to learn the basics or search for the answers already on this forum. This is why I suggested NWB009 read the manual, learn some of the basics before taking to the skies in the PIC. Unfortunately, my message was construed as being rude, not my intention. I have no intention of debating the 'rudeness' of my post with NWB009, just wanted to clarify that my intention was not to be rude, maybe I was just venting a little ;-)Rob.