Sign in to follow this  
Guest Muppet22

OT: Effects of anti-aliasing

Guest Muppet22

Please see attached picture - the panel seems to go distorted and sort of purple in colour - only when I select anti-aliasing. i have a GeForce4 Ti440 card with 28.32 drivers installed - can anyone offer any advice pls?! i thought that this card could run anti aliasing without any effect on FPS and obviously without turning thep anel like this :-)ThanksTom

Hi Tom,this looks to me more like a problem of your screen-resolution. You should try the same as your Windows. Or switch to 32. I have a GF 3 Card with the same driver and no problems.Regards, Watsi

Guest Muppet22

Thanks Watsi - seems to be working

Guest Muppet22

Hi againI am forced now to run FS at resolution 1280x1024 (x32). Whichever res I set it to run at is ok as long as its not 16 bit colours. And unfortunately FS is limited to running at res 1600x200 at 16 bit colour. My aim is to get FS running at res 1600x200 WITH anti-aliasing and all the other gubbins and for the panels NOT to turn distorted (see picture in orignal post). As I said my VGA is a GF4 Ti4400, 512mb DDR RAM, AMD 1.4. I suspect this issue is purely down to my VGA. Is there anyone out there who runs a similar card with FS at 1600x200 and doesnt get the panel image distorted? That would be good cos at least then I know it is possible :-). If not - has anyone any suggestions as to how I could achieve my aim?ThanksTom

Guest WorkingStiff

You're probably better off asking this question in the MS General forum. But from what I've read there, at such high resolutions you don't need Anti-aliasing.

Perhaps in the GF tweaker select force AA, don't select it in FS. Seems to work.Greg

It is possible to run FS at 1600x1200x32: Open FS2002.cfg and change the line Mode=... in the display section to Mode=1600x1200x32. I did that, because I need 1600x1200 on my 21" Monitor and get problems in outside view with 16 bit color resolution. The only problem caused by this is, that if you change display settings inside FS2002 you have to do the change in the config file again.

I've also found that if you change the desktop resolution to 1600x1200x32 prior to running FS, that option will appear as an option.