Sign in to follow this  

767 PIC & Captain Speaking 2002

Good afternoon fellow airmen & womenI was just wondering whether or not anyone has purchased Captain Speaking for FS2002 yet. Also, if anyone has, can it be used properly with 767 PIC. Im really keen on purchasing this addon, but as I fly only the Boeing 767 in FS as I do in real life, I want to know that it will work correctly before I get my wallet out so to speak.Thanks allHappy flying - Virtual or real-world

Guest WorkingStiff

You may want to read this thread and review.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/2787.htmlhttp://www.avsim.com/pages/1001/captain_sp...n_speaking.htmlPersonally I use a combination of Game Commander II and Flight Deck Companion. Since the cockpit gets so busy on occasion, I've programmed many of the common PIC commands into voice with Game Commander; Flight Deck Companion provides the ambience with much more flexibility than it appears in Captain Speaking.You can find Game Commander here: http://www.gamecommander.com/And Flight Deck Companion here: http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/FDC also has a support forum here on AVSIM.

Guest MB327

Hey ya Stiffy!You must have one horse of a computer to run all of that on top of FS2002 and PIC. I would love to sit next to you sometime and watch the show you must be putting on when all of this is humming.Perhaps in my next life I will have a system that could support that most interesting combo. Just figuring out the tweaks and getting it to work together must have been a real test.Take care man!

Cheers StiffMuch appreciated - I may not bother with that now !!

Guest WorkingStiff

Mike,I only wish I had a "horse" of a computer. I built this computer, a 1.2 Ghz AMD Athlon, in late 2000 specifically for flight simming. Its approaching the end of its usefulness so I'm right now assembling components to build a faster one.It doesn't take much to have run this configuration; I use Windows XP Pro and I'd imagine the resources consumed by my configuration are negligible. Many times I run PIC, FS Meteo, FS SkyWorld, Squawkbox, Roger Wilco, Game Commander, Flight Deck Companion and JeppView charts simultaneously without any problems.I don't know if you're familiar with either Game Commander or Flight Deck Companion but let me explain how I have them set up.FDC is the successor to S-Combo but it has much more functionality; for example you can have either the Captain or Co-pilot read your checklists so I've had a checklist modelled after Eric Sarkissian's 767 PIC checklists prepared in FDC. I also created a performance file specific to the 767-300ER for the various phases of flight. The performance file allows me to get V1, Rotate, V2, Climb Thrust and flaps calls based on speed, attitude, and altitude.Now for the checklists, I've set up FDC to read the PIC checklist. Normally you would press "Spacebar" to acknowledge each checklist item but I've programmed Game Commander to simulate the spacebar keypress whenever I say "Checked." So as the FDC co-pilot reads off the checklist; I set each item and respond "checked" instead of actually pressing the spacebar. Game Commander then interprets my voice instruction and executes the keypress.Its rather slick how all of this works together; it really minimizes the workload at takeoff and landing to be able to issue verbal commands just as if I really had a co-pilot. It's nice to just say "Landing Gear," hear the co-pilot respond "Gear down, three green and locked" and the landing gear is deployed by Game Commander simulating the "G" keypress.All you need is a good noise cancelling mike/headset so your instructions are not confused.

Stiff,once I tried to hook up a voice recognition system called speechbuddy (free!) to PIC. Everything worked fine, though I could not get any auto pilot keys (like CTRL-L for LNAV...) to work with it.I assumed, that those keysstrokes are recognized by the supposebly stand alone auto-pilot-dll only, so that the VR-software pipes it's keystrokes to the wrong application.Did you get the auto pilot keys to work with game controller? How?Cheers Jan (EDDF).