Sign in to follow this  

Controlling engines in PIC POSKY

If I hit E+1 or E+2 to individually control either engine with my PIC POSKY 767 I cannot then regain control of both engines by using E+1,2. Is this a known problem or is it peculiar to my set up? I don't generally have this problem with other aircraft though I've had it happen a few times with the MSFS 777.This was not a major problem until yesterday whem I accidentally hit the E key whilst in flight and then had to perform an emergency landing at the nearest available airport 'cos I'd lost all control of the starboard engine. I didn't hit 1 or 2 after hitting the E key, just hitting E on its own was enough :-(I'm running FS02 on winXP with an Athlon 1900+, GeF3 Ti500 and 512 MB ram.

This is a peculiarity in PIC (FS2K + 2K2). If memory serves, you need to pause the flight and then reload the aircraft from the aircraft menu; pressing E won't do it. By loading the aircraft from the menu, all panel settings are carried over and you regain engine control.Geoff

Hi Paul,this will not really fix your problem, but have you downloaded Pete Dowson's autosave utility? (available at www.schiratti.com/dowson.html ) I found it works very well with PIC and it's most useful for those little mishaps - you only lose a minute or so of your flight, rather than having to start from scratch etc.Cheers,Gosta.

OK, glad to know it's not just me then. Thanks Geoff.

Hi GostaYes, I have got Pete's Autossve - never thought of that but I will next time it happens. Thanks for the heads up.

Hi Paul,you're welcome. BTW, where exactly is 10 miles SE of Heathrow? Croydon? Just asking, as I'm originally from London, but currenly 1/2 mile north of CYVR...Cheers,Gosta.

Guest ilh

It is actually possible to get them both synchronized with E+1+2, but I have about a 1% success rate. I don't understand what makes it work and what makes it fail.And yes, I have gotten myself spinning madly in a circle on the ground with one engine at full throttle and one idle. I don't think the passengers like it very much, nor ground control.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)