Sign in to follow this  

Virtual Airlines or Regular Flying

Hi can anyone tell me where I can go and find other people flying online with 767-PIC and 767-Posky planes? I fly a lot locally but would like to fly with other pilots. The only place I know of is the MSN Gaming Zone and most of the people in the FS2002 rooms don't have 767-PICIf you know of a virtual airline I can join or other place I can go to fly with other 767 Pilots please let me know.Thanks... Paul

Your best bet to fly with other pilots is to join either VATSIM or IVAO (or both).This not only gives you online traffic you also get real human ATC :-), well mostly they are human :-lol http://www.vatsim.net/http://www.ivao.org/Vatsim is the more popular of the two organisations.Hope this hepls.

Where are you located and what time (Zulu) are you lookimg at?RegardsRussell jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Guest ilh

Just check in this forum. About once a week someone, often Michael Bevington, is planning some type of group PIC flight.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Your best bet to fly with other pilots is to join either VATSIM or IVAO (or both).This not only gives you online traffic you also get real human ATC , well mostly they are human http://www.vatsim.net/http://www.ivao.org/Vatsim is the more popular of the two organisations.Hope this hepls.I tried VATSIM.NET and I got a bad url. Apache Server thing came up so maybe they are working on the site?

Where are you located and what time (Zulu) are you lookimg at?RegardsRussell jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ) I'm on the East Coast of the United States (EST)Time. Not sure what the time Difference is between us but Its morning here and Probably Night where you are if your in New Zealand.However if you have MSN Messenger or ICQ chat programs email me at deemer_ssc@hotmail.com with PIC-767 Flights in the SUBJECT line. Include your email, chat program id etc and maybe we can fly together sometime. If anyone else here sees this email and wants to fly 767-PIC or 767-PIC-POSKY planes let me know. I got some of the Posky planes too. 767-300ER Liveries. American, Delta, TWA, United, and UPS.

>I tried VATSIM.NET and I got a bad url. Apache Server thing came up so maybe they are working on the site?http://www.vatsim-uk.net/vatsim-uk/Hope this helpsJust noticed you are East Coast US Paul, do a search on the web for VATSIM and you local site should turn up.

>Just check in this forum. About once a week someone, often >Michael Bevington, is planning some type of group PIC >flight. >>Lee Hetherington (KBOS) Can you fly Michael's flights without the additions required on the VATSIM site? Reason I ask is because to fly on VATSIM you need 2 programs once of them for voice communications etc. I am Deaf and if I were to fly with others I would have to rely on the text in FS 2002 Pro as a way of communicating. PaulGotta be more 767-Pilots out there looking to fly every day heh. If anyone of your read this email me with Fly PIC-767 in the Subject line so I know its not junkmail. :)deemer_ssc@hotmail.comOr add me on MSN

Guest MB327

Paul,There are no problems using text in lieu of voice communications on VATSIM. In fact, many of the controllers (students especially) are "text only" and have not yet earned the credentials to use Roger Wilco voice. I sometimes am on a phone call or have other things going on at home and will advise the controller on my initial contact that I am "text only sir - no voice." This is NO PROBLEM at all.Flight wise, we have not put anything together for a couple of weeks due to Mother's Day on the 12th and I was just plain busy this last Sunday. This comming weekend is a holiday weekend in the US so I am not yet sure if anything will be planned but look for something in the near future. Would be glad to have you along.

Guest ielchitz

>I am Deaf and if I were to fly with others I would have >to rely on the text in FS 2002 Pro as a way of >communicating. >Paul,You would not be the first person to fly on Vatsim without the ability to hear or speak. ATC is REQUIRED to have the ability to work with pilots either on voice OR on text. In fact, your scenario is one of the reasons this is strictly enforced. Many people also can not run the extra software on their system, can not afford a microphone, or need to be quiet when flying due to significant others sleeping (like me).Don't be shy - there are many of us PIC'ers out there flying at any given time day or night.If you need any assistance getting set up for VATSIM, let us know - many VATSIM vets out here.As a side note - another good - yes easy visual approach I now remember in the southwest is the TIP TOE Visual into SFO. Next time you fly there from the South - give it a whirl, very simple and fun to fly. You can even pair it up with the Stadium Visual into LAX by flying.. KLAX..VTU2.RZS.J501.BSR.BSR2..KSFO followed by KSFO..PORTE3.AVE.SADDE6..KLAX.ENJOY!Ian ElchitzPIC FREAK

Flight wise, we have not put anything together for a couple of weeks due to Mother's Day on the 12th and I was just plain busy this last Sunday. This comming weekend is a holiday weekend in the US so I am not yet sure if anything will be planned but look for something in the near future. Would be glad to have you along.Hi Mike well I did check out the vatsim site and it seemed pretty um commercial and professional lol. Kinda gave me the creeps for a sec. You know like it was for all professional airline pilots. I'll go back and give it another look lmao.But anyway I am on Charter.net too so I bet you must be somewhere close by. Im in South Carolina. Got your email and I'll contact you sometime. Charter Mail is down for me right now for some reason. Grrrr. But I do have a cable modem connection

Don't be shy - there are many of us PIC'ers out there flying at any given time day or night.If you need any assistance getting set up for VATSIM, let us know - many VATSIM vets out here.As a side note - another good - yes easy visual approach I now remember in the southwest is the TIP TOE Visual into SFO. Next time you fly there from the South - give it a whirl, very simple and fun to fly. You can even pair it up with the Stadium Visual into LAX by flying.. KLAX..VTU2.RZS.J501.BSR.BSR2..KSFO followed by KSFO..PORTE3.AVE.SADDE6..KLAX.ENJOY!Ian ElchitzPIC FREAK Thanks I'll give that a whirl. Normally I don't do a whole lot of programming manually of the FMC. I just setup a flight plan, when I get close switch to the ATIS Frequency get the landing runway # and and then select that runway in the FMC Dept/Arrive thing. I also used to let the plane land itself all the time lmao. But I came up on a few airports that the glidescope was not working right for that particular runway so I had to learn how to land manually and I am getting pretty good at that now. Can land most times like a feather in manual mode. One thing I hate about the POSKY planes with PIC is they seem to land further down the runway than the PIC planes. Another reason I learned to start landing manually. heheheh.But thanks again for the info. If you have MSN add me as deemer_ssc@hotmail.com to your contact list and if you ever see me online and wanna fly just shout my way! (Ooops Forgot I can't hear) TYPE MY WAY! ;-)