Sign in to follow this  

T/O Problems

>Anyone who is having problems, particularly those using some >load manager that is distributing weights throughout the >aircraft. If their weight is that far back, then it is >likely affecting flight too to some extent. >>Lee Hetherington (KBOS) Either way your suggestion (moving the main gear contact points back) sounds like a very good one (at least for early rotation problems) it will make the plane rotation a little harder because of the effect of having the wheels further back... but your point proves the point of too much weight in the back :) ACLoader bug? Scott are you reading this?

Fixed... the load manager (ACLoader) has a cabin lenght for the 767-300ER of 150 ft.. I changed it to 175 and now the early rotation problem is GONE!!

This topic has proven to be a major hit for views & posts from all you guys - Thanks a lot - Didnt mean to cause a stir, lol !!Sorry i've not been able to keep intouch the last couple of days, but i'll try and answer all your posts in this reply.* Jay, I completed a take-off lastnight with your recommendations re looking at the lower eicas status page to check positioning of the elevators and they move fine and return to centre with the respective joystick movements on the T/O run. I also checked from spot view again to see if the elavators were behaving properly and they were. Everything seems fine - Still got the early rotation though.Any other thoughts regarding this anybody ??* Lee, I have worked through your recommendation and the lights seen from within the cockpit have now disappeared. Thanks a lot.F.Y.I - It was only the static nav lights that I could see before - Not the flashing strobes.* Bojote, I think I might have to try out this ACLoader program myself to see if it cures my early rotation problems. Would it be possible for you to point me in the right direction of this program please. Also, is it freeware or payware. Considering this is my only problem with PIC, im not that keen on having to pay out for a piece of software just to cure a take-off problem. Not meaning to sound fussy or anything. If there are more benefits with this software than just curing an early rotation (Like better weight & fuel load distribution etc.) then i'll look into it.Thanks again for all your replies guys.Happy flying !!

Lee,ACLoader is Freeware, you can find it in the AVSIM library

I sometimes find the default trim has run all the way full up, but this may be due to a bad saved flight or resetting a flight. Anyways, I always make sure I have it pretty much in the middle of the green and I never get rotation before I want it at Vr with my PIC/POSKY merge, so I don't think the merge is the cause.Lee Hetherington (KBOS) It's the stablizer trim. When you take off with a PIC plane it doesn't normally require any adjustment. However if you are taking off in a PIC-POSKY Merge plane set the stablizer to 4 or else you gonna ride a wheelie down the runway. I've seen a lot of posts on the subject but from experience it appears that some how the PIC 767 Version is heavier than the POSKY Version even if you have both setup in the same exact configuration. Ive done both many times. The Posky plane is definately handles lighter.

Guest ilh

I think the issue is the placement of the main wheel contact points in my merge. Yes, it does feel "lighter" during rotation, but I've come to like it, especially on touchdown how the nose slowly floats down.I could probably "fix" this behavior and make it exactly PIC-like, but I haven't felt it is worth the effort (screwing around with reference point and probably a number of other parameters) since a different trim setting, say 4, does the trick.You could also move the main wheel contact points (points 1 and 2) back a few feet and it would have the same effect. Then again, the animation in the visual model might not match up quite the same, but I doubt it matters much.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)