Sign in to follow this  

PIC Panel on third party aircraft.

I?m just curious on who has attempted this configuration. Since I?ve been flying the PIC767, all other 757/767 panels don?t compare. In order to use the PIC panel, you need to use the FMC and make major mods to the aircraft config. What I want to know is, what gauge file is it that makes PIC767 panel not work with say for example, FSNav. Is it the Autopilot panel and the EHSI. What I would like to do is use FSPanel Studio and make a few changes to my PIC767 panel so I can use it with my 767 and 757 panels. This way I don?t have to modify my aircraft cfg or move AIR files. Then I?ll have the best of both worlds. This would be for my own personal use.

I'm not quite sure what you're after, but if you want to use the advanced autopilot functions (such as LNAV, VNAV etc.) or the map display on the EHSI, you need the FMC, as it provides the data for those gauges. And for the FMC to work properly, you'll need the PIC .air file.If, however, you want to remove those functions from the PIC panel, you could try removing the autopilot and replacing it with a standard FS one (use CfgEdit to find out which gauge it is). But then I don't see how you get the best of both worlds, as you are removing most of what makes PIC great, including the FDE. Have you tries Lee Hetherington's merge files to make the PIC panel work with the POSKY 767s?Cheers,Gosta.

Guest MB327

"Have you tries Lee Hetherington's merge files to make the PIC panel work with the POSKY 767s?" <--This IS the BEST of both worlds as far as I'm concerned.

Can someone please explain these "merge" files? I renamed the Model and Texture folders from a POSKY plane, placed them in my PIC folder, and made a new entry in the aircraft.cfg to select the posky visual model as a livery option. So i fly the PIC panel and air file but with a POSKY aircraft model.What am I missing that this "merge" file accomplishes?? Does it use the POSKY air file as well as the visual model??thanks...michael

No, it uses the visual model with the PIC .air file. What you are missing, is the contact points etc. to make it fully compatible.Search for PIC/POSKY merge on this forum.Cheers,Gosta.