Sign in to follow this  

ATC will stop functioning when using PIC (intermittentl

Has anyone else had this problem, where you file a IFR flight plan, follow it to a "T", start getting vector instructions from ATC, then all of a sudden, you fly right past the active runway. It appears ATC just stops working, and no, I have not cancelled my IFR flight plan. In fact I have to cancel my IFR flight plan in order to get switched to the tower frequency. This has happen three times now, and so far only when using 767Pic. When this problem occurs, you can do anything you want, descend, climb, turn, and ATC doesn't careAnyone else seen this strange problem?

I've never had anything like that happen. I make sure that the FS Planner has the same route info, and just fly normally. When ATC starts giving all of those stupid vectors when you're approaching your distination, you either have to start using heading select, or follow your original plan, in which case you'll be "dumped" back to VFR. If I want to fly the correct STAR, I'll ignore ATC, and just fly the approach and landing on my own.If you follow ATC instructions though, there should be no problem. That's very strange...

BobK

First ATC and PIC software are 2 different beasts. If there is a bug in ATC that will apply to all other (say heavy) aircraft. So having problems with ATC only when using the PIC is simply impossible. ATC logic really have no clue what you are really flying so it can't 'discriminate' against the PIC only.Having said that there are of course bugs (or limitations) in FS2002's ATC. I quickly learned that ATC will issue descend commands too late so you have to descened with high V/S to get there in time (forget about using VNAV for that purpose). Other than that and inability to change altitudes, etc. - ATC gets a passing grade from me. Michael J.

No No!! I have the same EXACT problem...whenever I start the 767 up, and I tune into the ATIS frequency, it starts skippin, and then when I tune to Clearance, I hear a little "click" and then I can't contact ANYONE!!!!! I've tried to find what went "click", but I can't find what it is!! Everything is fine, but I can't make any ATC contact! And further, the MOMENT I switch planes to a non PIC panel plane, it works FINE! Any ideas?!!!

Guest C17SimGuy

I've had this problem in the past with PIC, and all the PSS planes, but never the DF. . .go figure. But I did a few things that seemed to fix it, at least for the PSS planes. Since the fix, I've flown full IFR flights in both Airbus and 777 without the dreaded ATC loss. I can only assume that the PIC will also work now too, tho I haven't tried it yet. First off, which versions of DX are you using, and what OS, and what soundcard? Oh, and what version of FSUIPC? I have a SB Audigy gamer with latest drivers, DX8.1 and Win98SE. I also just downloaded FSUPIC 2.86. In the DX Diagnose tool, I reduced the "sound acceleration" to one notch above off. This fixed a bunch of problems, including the panel click sounds only working once, GPWS, MC, MW sounds not working, and ATC dying when I use the MS IFR function. FS2002 has been VERY finicky to work with, but that is my suggestion as to where to start. Check your sound card/sound card acceleration levels. Hope this helps! If you need more help, feel free to email:acozens1258@earthlink.netCheers!drew