Sign in to follow this  

Problem during acceleration after PIC/POSKY merge

I have made the merge without any problem but during the acceleration at takeoff, the plane just accelerate like a rocket and leave the ground very very early for that weight !!!!Moreover, it leaves the ground by itself !! no need to pull the joystick !! With the same situation, same weights and fuel, same airport and flight plan, it doesn't happen with the original PIC plane.Does anyone has already experienced this problem and has a solution ?Best regards,Guillaume

I have made the merge without any problem but during the acceleration at takeoff, the plane just accelerate like a rocket and leave the ground very very early for that weight !!!!Moreover, it leaves the ground by itself !! no need to pull the joystick !! With the same situation, same weights and fuel, same airport and flight plan, it doesn't happen with the original PIC plane.Does anyone has already experienced this problem and has a solution ?I had that problem too. On takeoff the nose would come up very quickly and I would be riding a wheelie down the runway until the rest of the plane left the ground. The Fix is to move stabilizer trim to 4. I think its usually in the middle or around 6. If you set it to 4 the nose will stay down longer.

I've tried to takeoff with trim at 4 but the plane still accelerate and climb like a missile !! This is very strange ...

I had that problem too, but it was because i was not rotating at the appropiate time and because I was not maintainting correct pitch angle on takeoff. I have to use trim to keep the plane from lifting the nose too. strange...

Hmmm.... i'm thinking this is a load and balance problem... the ORIGINAL pic has empty weight as the only variable for determining GROSS... (that Empty includes payload for simulation purposes) I reset the value to the 767-300 correct empty weight and used ACLoader thus the weight is not distributed... or, thats what i tought :) maybe too much weight in the back of the plane? could it be? now as for the rocket speed I don't know... Might be your pitch angle.

I've tried to takeoff with trim at 4 but the plane still accelerate and climb like a missile !! This is very strange ... Are you sure you did everything according to the posky pick merge instructions? Your supposed to copy 2 folders MODEL and TEXTURE from a POSKY Plane into the B763 PICKPOSKY3 Folder. Run the batch file. Then copy all the files cept the install files back into your Posky plane folder. Also you might notice 2 .AIR files in there. The posky .AIR and the PIC .AIR I use the one from PIC-767 and havent had any problems. I do not use the POSKY .AIR

Maybe the .bat file of the merge package don't use the right air file because I've done it again yesterday and the problem is still here.I'll try to force the use of the right air file as soon as possible.Thanks for your answers guys !Guillaume

Maybe the .bat file of the merge package don't use the right air file because I've done it again yesterday and the problem is still here.I'll try to force the use of the right air file as soon as possible.Thanks for your answers guys !Well I don't know, I just deleted the POSKY Air file and it uses the PIC air. You realize of course depending on how full your tanks are will determine how fast or slow the plane takes off. If you have full load you should use almost all the runway to take off. If yur only 50 percent win tanks and nothing in the middle your gonna take off much faster.

I know that, but when the plane accelerate to 150kts in less than 10 seconds with half fuel loaded this is stange :)Maybe there is a hidden postcombustion on the 767 ;)

Guest ilh

Considering that my .bat file copies the .air file from the 767 PIC Wilco Publishing folder, the only way it could get the wrong .air file is if you overwrote the stock PIC .air file. Just look at the .bat file; it's all right there to look at.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Guest ilh

Why don't you post the entire weight section from your aircraft.cfg after running the load manager. Something must be going wrong. If you're accelerating that fast your plane must weigh practically nothing. Try pasting in the weight section from Wilco's aircraft.cfg (ZFW 245,000lbs) and see if it makes a difference.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

I'll try that and let you know if the problem is fixed.Thanks for your help!Guillaume

Have you selected a dreated thrust setting? Are you flying a light aircraft with max thrust and flap 15 for takeoff? Are you flying at "1X" or have you accidentally selected 2 or 4 X time? I suggest the following...a "virgin" re-install of the PIC and the PIC FS2k2 patch. Do not use any aircraft loader or weight an balance computer until you have the problems sorted out.Now that you have a fresh install, using a PIC default aircraft with a ZFW of 245,200 lbs, select TO Flap 5, add 25,000lbs fuel, set your de-rate to 55-65 degrees C, choose TO N1 power setting and select CLB1, confirm the derate, then set the trim to 4-5 degrees nose up. This is all a big generalization, but just bear with me....Pre-flight the FMC for a flap 5 takeoff, your V2 speed should be around 139kts. On runway ready to go, set throttle to 70% N1, when the engines stabilize, A/T on, FD on (it will show you where to rotate to wiuth the cue(s)), push N1, just before the "R" on the air speed tape, begin rotation to about 5-7 degrees nose up...after the main gear is off the ground (positive rate), gear up and continue to rotate to 15-20 degrees nose up to maintain v2+15-25 until about 1000feet, then slowly nose down and retract flaps according to schedule...now select a vertical mode (FLCH or VNAV) when you have things under control.If you still have problems, I suggest you look at your controller being the cause of your woes. I am using a MS ForceFeedback v1 controller without a problem for over 2 years.Rob.

As posted above follow the procedures...I have 8-10 liveries flying with the MERGE...no rocketships allowed...if you fly light DERATE and watch those V-Speeds those engines are mighty powerful!!! Excellent work Lee!!!RegardsTony

Tony, How I properly DERATE when I have a light aircraft? is there a procedure? I constantly use manual throttle when taking off light in order to prevent step speed increases.. I find it VERY dificult to maintain V2+15 when the aircraft is EXTREMELY light... When fully loaded I don't have any problems. Help