Sign in to follow this  

How to turn off altitude calls

Hi, I have recently started using FDC and want to use there altitude calls. Is there any way to turn off the default PIC 767 altitude calls. I have tried deleting the wav files under PIC but they are still there...Thanks ATC

Guest Muppet22

MENU --> PIC --> REALISM & CARRIER OPTIONS --> uncheck GPWS callouts

Thanks alot for the tip. How could I be so stupid. Why do we always look for answers deep in config,ini,aircraft etc files when the obvious is only a mouse click away. Thanks againCheers ATC

I wonder how it is in a real 767 - can pilots turn off those altitude calls ? My guess is they probably can't in which case co-pilots calls are heard on top of the GPWS calls.Michael J.

I thought GPWS calls were "sink rate" and "glideslope" etc??? I thought it was only copilots who called out altitudes on RW approaches? I just assumed those calls in PIC were simulating a copilot.michael

>I thought GPWS calls were "sink rate" and "glideslope" >etc??? I thought it was only copilots who called out >altitudes on RW approaches? I just assumed those calls in >PIC were simulating a copilot. >>michael Most modern aircraft have altitude callouts that are taken from the radio altimeter info.

Well...i guess I can no longer turn to my pretend copilot and glare when he decides to practically shout that one particular altitude call that's way louder than the others :)....or maybe it's only that way on my system?michael

Guest Ian_Riddell

>I thought GPWS calls were "sink rate" and "glideslope" >etc??? I thought it was only copilots who called out >altitudes on RW approaches? I just assumed those calls in >PIC were simulating a copilot. Last time I checked the 767 Boeing Maintenance Manual, I recall there were about 30 different (manufacturer/ maintenance) selectable height related callouts. Your airline gets to pick the ones you hear. There's a list of these in a previous message on this forum.Interestingly, some GPWS callouts may be recorded by someone in your home country... and you may get a mix of standard American accents interspersed with, say, New Zealand accents or Chinese accents. As far as I know, though, the callouts will always be in the english language.Cheers,Ian.