Sign in to follow this  

Thoughts about FS2004

Who cares at this point? Not me. FS2002 has been out for 10 months, and people are all ready talking about fs2004.Here is what will be said about fs2004 when it is released.1. The frame rates suck.2. The air files suck.3. The scenery sucks.4. ATC sucks.5. How come there arent any gates at my airport.6. The frame rates suck.7. The scenery sucks.8. Where is the patch.9. The clouds are flat.and on and on and on, ad nuseum.Does this sound familiar? Remember folks, this is a $70-80 game, not a 4 axis Cat D full motion simulator that costs $40 million.

Agree, People are expecting too much high from a Simulator, It is only a software= games, If you don't like it, get another games. Another games I can said, Fly2 fails comparing to fly2k just accept whats you have thats it's.Paul

Very well said. :-)It is, and will forever be a PC game. Not a simulator which Micro$oft claims. If it should go under the name "Simulator", they should put much more work on the aircraft system and FDE, and not so much on the visual enviroment, such as scenery and so forth....Just like the full motion simulators,.....the scenery sucks big time. But hey,...the system works 100%. ! :-lol That

Staffan

I disagree whole heartedly. I think if there is anytime that you would want to be discussing wants for FS2004, now is the time. Not 6 months prior to release when everything is already finalized and being tweaked out by the MS team. I know that FS2002 is new and just starting to develop, but if you wait until next year, most of the features will be set.Craig

OSU ROCKS!Born and raised there,,,,Oh whats the topic?..Flight Sim or something?.....Yeh i agree to what he said,,,,,,,BTW FS2002 also Rocks!,,,,,,,,,

>This is why I like Aerowinx PS1. The panel has close to a >100% full system. No scenery (exept the runways), and no >visual aircarft model. Just like the real thing......I would >like to see a pilot in the real world climbing outside while >flying, just to get a good visual on the fuselage. :-lol >:-lol >And now you're going to tell me that all those "visual" flights that I've conducted with family and friends across the Rocky Mountains of the western United States as PIC.................was NOT real flying!! :-lol :-lol :-lol I guess the Virgin Islands, as well as flight in a 1926 Waco over the volcano's of Hawaii wasn't real flight either!! :-lol Then what was it?................... cause I sure saw a lot of nice SCENERY!!L.Adamson ------ "eye candy" is where it's at!P.S. BTW--- External spot views make up the lack of peripheral vision which is a limitation of our monitors. To just look out the simulated aircraft windows is indeed "tunnel vision", and not very real!

yea once its in beta forget about any major changes....Beta is like a year or more or less not to sure to sleepy to think :-lol so the suggestions can wait a couple months.Andrew :-wave

Gents, With the small fortune I have spent on upgrading the "base" that is MSFS 2002, I don't want to hear anything about 2004 for at least another year.The pockets aren't that deep.....RogerKLAS/KVGTSig removed, due to the pain it inflicted on my bandwidth consumption. :-)

Guest Paul_W

>I disagree whole heartedly. I think if there is anytime that >you would want to be discussing wants for FS2004, now is the >time. Not 6 months prior to release when everything is >already finalized and being tweaked out by the MS team.And I fully agree with you Craig. My understanding of the development timetable is that FS 2004 is likely to be announced and previewed next March if it follows previous patterns, and reports from Oshkosh are that the main areas for improvement have already been targeted. So for the fellow who thinks all this talk about FS 2004 is premature, well in reality it's probably getting a little late right now--at least for the main features. And much of what is planned has undoubtedly been influenced by the constructive dialog and criticism that comes from users and experts in places like this, contrary to what some people seem to think.

Hi,When I talk about "The real thing...." I mean a real simulator...:-)Well I guess we all have our preferences of what a "simulator" is. :-lol And I also know that we all have different taste for IFR and VFR flying. ;-)But still,..MSFS is nothing more than a PC game. ;-)Fly safe, :-waveStaffan Ahlberg - FFG

Staffan

I guess you dont remember all the hype about fs2002 before its release. AVSIM people who had first hand experience with the product prior to release all gloated about how well it worked, and all the fabulous things that were included.When the game was finally released, there were howls of disappointment, stuttering, low fps, and all the normal crap that comes with a new release. All I am saying is it going to be the same thing when fs2004 is released, and talk about something that none of us have even seen, is premature.