Sign in to follow this  

How do I..

hey, I was wondering how do I enter Routes into the FMC? like J141 etc.. and how about stuf like SM001 into the LEGS page! thanks!

Guest MB327

Too much of a question for me to answer here.Go to http://www.wilcopub.com/nonfls/intro.htm- go to the downloads page- download the FMC manual (item 3)- open the PDF version to page 18 for your airway question- open the PDF version to pages 45-46 for your FIX (SMO01) questionThen, for a great illustration of the FIX page and alternative ways of entering FIX data:Go to www.flightsimnetwork.com/efpanels/update/767PIC11Update.pdf- go to page 18-21 -->GREAT STUFF here

That's the most polite "RTFM" I have ever seen. You should be sainted for your patience ;-)I can learn from you Mike, maybe there is hope for me yet.Rob.

You beat me to it Rob ;-), I agree cheers Mike :-beerchug

Steve,If you are getting ready for exams...DO NOT...I repeat...DO NOT take Mike's advice and read how to program the FMC!You will be sucked into a 767PIC vortex that will not release you until exams are over and you failed every one because you said "Just let me program this ONE jet route and test it before I study for exams!" :)Take MY ADVICE....wait until your exams are over before you go down the FMC programming road!Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

But sir, it's only a "wafer thin" FMC challenge....it'll only take a few minutes...heheheThe PIC FMC is like a Lays potato chip - one time will not be enough.The FMC is what started my chronic and completely incurable PIC addiction. I am now a poster child for PIC's-anonymous 12 step program.Rob.

You know what's a shame Rob?That some of the people here do not know what movie the "wafer thin" line came from! :) Its been a looooong time since I've seen that one...I'll have to see if I can rent it.Yeah, the FMC is a dangerous addiction...once you start pressing the LSKs and RSKs to input data, you're hooked!What hooked me was watching the autopilot execute a CAT III landing...quite a remarkable panel I dare say. ;)Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

... As the post begins to stear off topic ;-)Is it the PIC767 combination that is addictive? Or is it the fact that the package is so close to the real thing, therefore making flying in general addictive.

Guest MB327

Who really cares what it is. All I know is that my hands are starting to shake and I need to load up and log in.See ya guys up there.

"...the PIC767 vortex":D Ahhhhh....so that's what's happening to me.michael

Hey Ryno,To answer your question simply

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I think "wafer thin", aka the exploding fat guy, was from The Meaning of Life - a commentary on decadent over-consumption and belittlement of the proletarian by the petit-bourgeois...with the fat guy puking on the people who clean up his puke....sounds like my typical work day ;-)Some of my favourite lines..."And now for something completely different, a man with thre buttocks....""It's a Mr. Death, one of the local villagers, something about the reaping....""It's a nice army base you got 'ere mate, you wouldn't want anything to 'appen to it now would ya?""...bleedin' Watney's Red Barrel and German businessmen scaring the children..."Back to work now.Rob.

I agree....PIC is a very bad thing...it will take over all of your sim time! LOL!!! You will not want to fly anything else. Its like getting married...sure other planes and panels are out there, and you may look...but when it comes down to flying...it'll be PIC! Get those exams out of the way, then hit the manuals, and go fly!Best of luck with the exams...And to Steve Dra, my wife thanks you!!! LOL!!!

Somehow "Yes, we're all individuals" seems apt for the PIC-addicts forum!Geoff