Sign in to follow this  

Track -v- Heading on the ND

Hello all,I seem to remember being able to switch between track and heading mode on the ND - i.e. Track mode compensates for wind. Am I remembering incorrectly? If not please would someone explain where the wotsit is to switch between.TaLex

The switch ( a hidden switch over the "M" at the top near the indicator on the EHSI/ND ) is between Magnetic and True track indications. The actual heading (as opposed to track) of the aircraft is the little triangle on the inner ring of the rose....wish I had a screen shot but this is from memory ;-)Rob.

Guest MB327

The only switch I know of is the one from "magnetic" to "true" which is accomplished by clicking the "M" that is to the right of the displayed track on the EHSI. If there is another switch for making this display line up with aircraft heading, someone else will have to pop in here and tell me about it too. Although I doubt I would ever want to use a heading option over the track option.

Guest ilh

I think some of the EHSI modes display HDG rather than TRK. I can't remember which, but the map is always TRK as far as I can tell.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Thanks guys,Think I must be thinking about another aircraft. Basically, I was worried that it was displaying magnetic (or true if you toggle the hidden button) heading, and that the triangle was track. I think this was because the heading on the ND was the same as that in the FMC which I thought was just true track unadjusted for wind. Think that's where I made the mistake. Hope I'm not confusing you.Again, thanks for the info.Best wishes,Lex