Sign in to follow this  

Gauge Next to Altimeter

There is a rectangular gauge to the left of the altimeter that goes up and down depending on if you're climbing or descending. It goes out of range at a certain altitude. Is this a radar altimeter that starts measuring when the aircraft reaches a certain altitude?I also don't see this gauge in any of my pictures of 767-300 cockpits. Do real 767's have this gauge?Thanks,Jason

Thanks, Tabs. I don't see this gauge on my photos of the real 767-300's. Does this really exist on the real 767-300ER?

Guest WorkingStiff

Did you even look at the link he posted?

Okay ... now I see the link. Must've read the post too quickly.

Guest Ian_Riddell

>Thanks, Tabs. I don't see this gauge on my photos of the >real 767-300's. Does this really exist on the real >767-300ER? (I'd better answer this before the old Stiffy resurfaces (grin)).There are 1001 customer options on Boeing aircraft, AC118. The rectangular Rad Alt indicator is one of them (The photograph which Tabs provided a link to is of a real 767-300). Some customers like 'em round, some rectangular, some digitally generated on the EADI. If you wanted one hexagonal with green and yellow polka dots, I'm sure Boeing would provide one if you had enough money (options cost money: Boeing has a mental image of what is a standard aircraft... and this may vary from time to time... so if you don't like the standard airplane Boeing offers you, it's going to cost you more, even if you want less instruments than fitted to Boeing's standard aircraft. This is because of the extra paperwork/rewiring etc generated. Boeing may consider the rectangular Rad Alt indicator to be standard... In which case you may have a photo of a 767-300ER which is more expensive than "our" 767-300ER ... as "your" indicator may have been removed. Hope this makes sense.Cheers.Ian "Real B767-300ER Maintenance Engineer with No Options fitted... other than spectacles" R.