Sign in to follow this  

No brakes with POSKY 767s

Hello,I'm sure this bug/problem has been confronted already, but I couldn't find anything by using the SEARCH feature of this forum.My problem is that when I use POSKY airplanes I get no braking forceat all. When I press the "period" nothing happens. I can activate the barking brakes, but also they do nothing. How can I fix this problem?Thanks in advance,Jarkko

Guest ilh

Are you using POSKY aircraft.cfg and .air file with the PIC panel? If so, that might be your problem.I have no braking problems of any kind with my PIC/POSKY merge that uses PIC flight model (.cfg and .air) rather than POSKY's. Search this forum with "PIC POSKY merge" and you should be able to find info.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)PS: If you think POSKY's flight dynamics work OK with the PIC panel, just check out what one of POSKY's own "test pilots" has to say: http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID38/1496.html#8 . Do you care about 6% of your thrust at the high end?

Jarkko,I too had the same problem as you. I'm not sure if this is the definitive solution, but I increased the "repeat" value in the brake control setting in FS2002 all the way to the max. When it was at the lowest setting, the brake effectiveness was non-existent, but came back when I moved the slider bar all the way to the right. Hope this helps.Jason

Hi Jarkko,There is a brake issue (well it's not actually an issue with PIC - it's with the operation of PIC by the user). Basically, the user ended up with brakes working fine (denoted by the BRAKES indicator in the bottom left corner of the screen) will parked at the gate, then started up and would have no brakes!It seems that what had happened is that in loading panels from certain flights and various other things the logic had got reversed. So brakes worked fine WITHOUT hydraulic power instead of WITH. Of course parked at the gate after shut down, the parking brake can only be set and released, as no hydraulic power is available.The solution? And you'll only have to do this once, set up a "clean" situation - load meigs in cessna, change to your airport of choice, then load pic, and then load the panel config from first delivery san fransisco. Follow the checklists to set up and adjust PIC exactly how you want it, so APU on if you want it, and IRUs aligned, then save. Set this as your default startup situation, and if you ever wanna fly out of a different airport, you just change airport from the tarmac.Hope it helps, at least some other person even if it aint you!Lex

How about the display of indication for gear temperature when braking? It seems that pic didn't simulate this function, does it? BTW, does the real 767 has the indication of door closed or open? If it does, is the indication displayed in the EICAS or in the scrren of FMC. Thanks~~

Thanks all!I got the problem pretty much solved now : )Jarkko

Hi, could anyone tell me whether the PIc has the display of brake temperature because I saw the indication of brake temperature displayed at the section of status on lower EICAS.(p.115 of manual) Thanks!

There was a wheel or brake display on the original PIC767 v1.0 but it was removed in the 1.1 update as it does not exist on the 767 that Eric flies.Rob.