Sign in to follow this  

No yoking around here

Does anyone use a yoke and/or pedals? I saw the CH flightsim yoke at radioshack the other day, it looked a little cheap to me? It had three throttles that were ackwardly placed on the top?Just wondering if anyone using that or any other yoke and how they like it..ThanksZanther

Zanther:I use the CH Flightsim YokeUSB and The CH ProPedals USB and they are great. The Throttle and Prop and Mixture are the three levers on the top. This Set up is one of the most popular of all the various controls out there. I would highly recommend it, as most people who use it really like it. If you get one, get the USB one and Get the Pro Pedals also in USB. You wont regret it. Of coarse if your flying Combat Flight Sim. A Sidewinder Force Feedback would probably be more realistic. Hope this helps.Gary W. NorrisAAL214:-)

Guest Stephan Haas

Have them for over a year now (before that the gameport versions) and wouldn't want to fly without them anymore. In their price league it's the best!Kind regards,Stephan Haas

Hi,I use Precision Flight Controls Yoke, throttles and pedals. I have different throttles that can be interchanged: 4 lever jet throttle, a 2 lever, a single high performancece control and a multi engine control with 6 levers. The jet levers also have spoilers and reverser. Needless to say very expensive but well worth the money, at least to me. Of course no wife, no kids, etc.. Pedro

Zanther, the CH products are absolutely fantastic. They will give you a complete immersive feel into the thrill of flight. CH is an industrial company making heavy-duty industrial products so I think you will also find their flight control products to be the most durable on the market. I agree with the others who have responded - once you use it, you won't want to use anything else for flying (except for combat sims of course).Jason

Gary,As you seem to be a convinced user of a CHProducts Yoke may I ask for your help.This morning I have bought an USB yoke at Simware Simulation (I live in Belgium) and rushed home to installed it and replace my Sidewinder Force Feedback 2.What a disappointment !!! I cannot possibly keep a plane level.Even after adjusting the sensibility or trim the yoke it is far too intolerant:from the center point I only move for 1 millimeter and the place goes either to the moon or to the ground.In the way it is calibrated now it's impossible to take off or to manoeuvre !What should I do to take better advantage out of this 200 Euros item?Thanks in advance.Bernard

Guest ilh

2 words: null zone.Make adjustments in FSUIPC so that small deviations from level do not output a non-level value.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Thank you for answering so soon but can you tell me how I could make these "adjudtments in FSUIPC" ?

LeeYou are the MAN !!I've got it. You were right ! My settings in FSUIPC were all wrong.Thanks a lot.Bernard

Thanks alot all, sounds like I should invest the $$ and get the yoke and pedals.