Sign in to follow this  

Flight plans in the Fmc

just a question, how do you load flights (from the fs2002 flight planner) in the 767s FMC?

Thanx, but Wilcos site wont let me download the manuals (again another proplem). Can ANYYYONE tell me what that Part in the FMC manual says?

Guest WorkingStiff

<The manuals are included on the 767 PIC CD....unless you've acquired the software by "other" means.

:-abductHummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Getting support on Warez?Save the MSFS plan as a pic rte via the pic flt plan converter available on avsim. Then load the plan by typing in the exact name of the rte on the routes page of the FMC. Or just create the plan, print it out and manualy type in the FMC. - Alex

Hi:There is an error in the PIC manuals - they were not updated to reflect the directory structure of FS2002 in this case.If you move a FS2002 generated plan into the /pilots directory the FMC will never find it.The plans needs to be moved to the /FMCWP/NAVDATA/FLIGHTPLANS with an eight character or less name. After you have moved the plan(s) to this directory (because FS2K2k will not allow you to directly save to this directory), you can the import them into the PIC FMC by using the CO ROUTE function.It is not an elegant solution, but it works. If you use a better flight planner, like FS Build, then you can specify the correct directory and bypass all the above shuffling of files. Finally, if you create (or modify) and save a plan using the FMC, it will put the plan into the correct directory for future retrieval.Hope this helps.PS Alex: I searched for the FS2k2 to PIC utility you mentioned. I found one that converts from PIC to FS2000 but not from FS2K2 to PIC.

Hi Kathy from Bermuda. I tried to follow the instructions and I copied a fs2002 flight plan over and renamed it to txkfkbos.pln I tried to co route and it just stood there with the name in the co route section but it did not load. S i then made a copy and called txkfkbos.rte and the same thing happened. I still can not load a saved flightplan into the fmc via the co route method. Any suggestions? thanks in advance, Steve.

Guest hvanleusen

Worked for me when moved to the /FMCWP/NAVDATA/FLIGHTPLANS with a !!!seven!!! character or less name.... don

I have no idea what this discussion is about. I save my flight plans to the /pilots folder which msfs2002 does let you do, you simply navigate to that folder like you would with any "save" dialog box, and then I load those plans into my FMC using up to ten character names. I have no idea why you would need to use the .../navdata path.michael

Guest WorkingStiff

Michael,THe FS2002 flight planner does not save flight plans generated by the native flight planner to the PILOTS directory by default.In FS2000 flight plans could be saved directly to the PILOTS directory which is one of the places 767 PIC looks for flight plans.So the discussion is about a possible workaround to the problem of not saving to the PILOTS folder. Two suggestions so far are to manually copy the flight plans to the Pilots folder or also copy them to the Navdata/Flightplans folder.Refer to page 16 of the FMC manual to understand the discussion further.

Misunderstanding. I'm so used to Fsnav that I occasionally forget it's not actually part of fs2002 :).As I do my flight planning that way, I simply select the /pilots directory when I "export" my flight plans, and then load them into the FMC.For some ridiculous reason I thought it was actually M$ that allowed us the fine priviledge of selecting our destination folder...boy, this strikes me as hilarious for some reason!I was reading the thread, thinking, "...#####? Why do they think they can't just save a plan to /pilots? What's all this stuff about having to copy etc...."Oh well...just shows how good some addons can be ... when you lose the ability to even think of the one product without the inclusion of the other.So now it's only a matter of time before someone on the main forum asks something like "how do I descend in a jet in fs2002" and I become a smart-a s s and say, "program your FMC and use Vnav!!".Or be a smart a s s and say, "PAGE 16!" :D...cheersmichaelEDIT: laughing at myself now that I FINALLY pay close attention to the original topic title and note that the author parenthetically specifies: "(from the fs2002 flight planner)" Is there an emoticon for red-faced, or perhaps foot-in-mouth??

Guest WorkingStiff

I suppose FSNav works reasonably well for flight planning but you'd find that many of us here use FSBuild. With just one click I can simultaneously export the same flight plan to FS2002, 767 PIC, FSNav, and Squawkbox.Very useful when flying online plus it contains thousands of real-world flight plans.

Off to find FSBuild. Thanks Stiffy.