Sign in to follow this  

ZFW ??!

Since I have installed POSKY's excellent 767 along with the PIC panel,i cannot enter the ZFW anymore! The FMC keeps saying 'invalid entry'.does anybody know how to help??Andy

Guest ilh

PIC's highest allowed ZFW is something like 286 or 288. POSKY's default ZFW is way high at 290+. I don't understand why they chose such a high ZFW value.If you're using POSKY's flight dynamics, watch out, the PIC panel will not work its best. Check out http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID38/1496.html#8 for some of the details.I use my PIC/POSKY merge. Searching this forum for "PIC POSKY merge" should help you find it if you are interested.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

check that you're in US system and not in METRIC system..it may be an issue..paolo

Guest WorkingStiff

Actually it's likely that his system is set at Metric.Lee, according to the Boeing specs I have, the maximum ZFW for a 763ER is 133,810 kg or 295,000 lbs so I don't think that in this instance POSKY is incorrect.The reason 767 PIC's ZFW is lower than POSKY's is to allow loading of maximum fuel without exceeding maximum takeoff weight. As least that's the explanation I recall from Wade.

Guest ilh

I understand that PIC's ZFW is set to allow full fuel below MTOW (good idea from a support perspective!), but why does the FMC not accept higher ZFWs higher than 286/288? Is that because that was the maximum ZFW supported by the actual 767s (AA?) modeled by PIC?Lee Hetherington (KBOS)