Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Ok, now a tought one! (is it?)

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Hi everybody,As I am currently finishing the beta testing of the Virtual Co-Pilot adventure in FS2002, and I begin to use it in my flights with the 767, I would like to find some data.The FMC provides me with the necessary V1, Vr, V2 and VRef speeds.What I miss are the flap retraction and extension speeds according to weight.Does anyone know if there is any site where on the Internet where I can find performance tables that include the flap retraction/extension schedule per gross weight for the 767-200/300 ?This way I could enter the flap reference speeds into VCP and have the flap calls on time and at correct speed.Your help will be much appreciated.Thank you!George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

You have the Vref speed. The flaps schedule is based on additives to the Vref speed. ie Vref+15, Vref+30....Vref+80 etc. The manual speed bug setting hotspot on the PIC airspeed indicator is based on this type of schedule and is outlined in the PIC documentation.

Guest WorkingStiff

There are a number of ways to obtain this information. I went through a similar process a few weeks ago when I was trying to construct a 767-300ER performance file for Flight Deck Companion.First I input the default ZFW of 245,000 pounds into the FMC and completely filled the fuel tanks. I then went to the FMC and was able to retrieve the flap retraction schedule. I then changed the total weight by decreasing the fuel by 10,000 pounds and getting the flaps speed settings for each 10,000 pound decrease in weight.I then compared these numbers to those published in Robert Randazzo's PMDG Boeing 767-200/300 Aircraft Operating Manual and in most instances the numbers were the same. Where there was a variance, it was no more than 1-3 knots.I don't think PMDG still publishes its 767 Operating Manual but you can always ask over at their forum.

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

A very informative link indeed, but unfortunately not what I'm looking for. But I did download all of those PDFs since they contain very helpfull information.Thank you very much for the link!George DorkofikisAthens, HellasPS Beta testing on VCP goes well. I expect to have it released by comming weekend.

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

That's a very good piece of information I didn't know!Using Vref+xxx for flap speed calculations will also allow me to not need for the pilot to enter the speeds manually but instead enter only the Vref and the adventure could calculate the flap speed automaticaly.Since the Vref is given by the FMC, do you know what are the Vref+ speeds for each flap setting so I can program them in the adventure?Thank you very much for your help.George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

I fly with the Pegasus style PFD display (one of the options in PIC) and all these speeds are automatically calculated/displayed in the speed tape in the form of green "-F".Michael J.

Check page 18 of the Normal Procedures section of the 767PIC pdf documentation. This should correspond to the speeds set through the hotspot which your callouts should then correspond to.

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Oooppps!...I should have RTFM first a bit! :-)Got it!Thanks Kevin!George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

Guest WorkingStiff

George, I'm curious what this Virtual Co-pilot actually does. Are you writing the adventure yourself?Many of us use Game Commander II to add co-pilot functionality. Any of the Flight Simulator or 767 PIC commands can be programmed into Game Commander and execution is as easy as a voice command such as "Gear Up" or "Gear Down."Also, Flight Deck Companion has a virtual co-pilot function that sets flaps and gear based on the phase of flight and certain other parameters entered into the performance file.HOw does what you're working on differ from these programs?

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Yes, Virtual Co-Pilot is an adventure since FS5 era and I wrote it myself. Back then I was inspired by another adventure called Airliner Enviroment (if I recall correctly, I don't recall the author, sorry).Since FS always lacked a copilot and certain calls like GPWS, Altitude calls etc, I decided to give it a try and program my own adventure.I named it Virtual Co-Pilot because back then it was exactly that.Another voice in your flights that called the speeds, flaps, gear etc at the right time, and even nagged if you didn't do it in due time.Since then VCP evolved and included many more functions like stand-by comm and nav radios etc... Always within the adventure.For more detailed information you can visit my site here at avsim athttp://www.avsim.com/greece/vcp/I haven't updated the site yet for the new version but anyone who wishes can get a good idea of what it does. And it did all that well before 'others' ;-)What can it do to enhance the realism when flying with PIC ?I will only mention the most important.- Speed calls for V1, Vr and V2- Gear up/down calls and confirmation- Flap retraction/extension calls at correct speeds (the reason I asked for the info)- GPWS Altitude calls (not really needed with PIC!)- Playback of checklistsBasically whatever a co-pilot would do in the cockpit (no, they usually DO something! ;-) )Game Commander is a hands-free way to perform some actions in FS.VCP will not do anything for you. You still have to perform the actions yourself. But it will call out for a required action.FDC is something similar but as an executable that communicates trough FSUIPC may slow FS performance down. VCP is an adventure running within FS by FS so has NO impact on performance!George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

Guest WorkingStiff

George,I like the idea of incorporating these functions as an adventure. It worked really well for Wilco van Deijl's GPWS in FS98. Now that I've checked your site I recall both your name and the adventure in FS95. I think I still have it and the FLTCRW files on a diskette somewhere around here. :-) I'm guessing there will be an option to turn off GPWS when using 767 PIC or DF 737?

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Yes, there is an option to turn off GPWS. And it will be OFF by default when the PIC a/c family is selectedDuring the tests I do I have them enabled so I hear both PIC and VCP calls simultaneously. It's a good check to see if VCP calls are made on time! :-)Other options include :- Crew announcements on or off- Speed calls on or off- checklists automatic or manually triggeredIn FS2000 VCP also had an emergency situation generator and weather generator. Unfortunately those (and some other functions) don't work properly in FS2002 probably because MS changed the adventure variables again. I'll have to wait for the Adventure SDK to be released (when and if) to make them work again.Hmmm... I think we are getting way off forum topics here...Anyone mind ? :-)George DorkofikisAthens, HellasGeorge DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

I was a VCP fan, have not used it for a while - just to confirm...it will 'work' with PIC767 in FS2k2?Thanks,Rob

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Affirmative!It works fine!... The only major feature that does NOT work with PIC in FS2002 is the autopilot shortcut keys to change heading and altitude. And this because PIC use it's own advanced autopilot and not reading/writting the FS2002 autopilot...If the team was around and read this, maybe they could change the a/p code to read/write changes to those two variables from FS.Example. When the pilot changes the heading bug in PIC autopilot the gauge could also set the default FS heading bug, and Vice versa.Doesn't mean that the default autopilot has to be engaged. The adventures can read/write to the autopilot variables without need to engage the autopilot itself.Ok, I can now stop dreamming...Since you have shown great interest on VCP for FS2002, I will announce in this list as well when it will be available.Hopefully by this weekend.Cheers...George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas