Sign in to follow this  

Anybody knows the frequency of the kai tak rwy 13 local

Hello everybody,I just added a great scenery for kai tak airport in fs2000 and tried to fly the weired approach for rwy 13 after printing the approach plate from final approach but unfortunately the frequency of the localizer is not there? So if anyone knows the frequency please let me know.

Guest Muppet22

There isn't/wasn't one? It's a checkerboard approach. Tom

Okay then, do you know how it should be flown?

Might have been the Checkerboard but it was an IGS - Instrument Guidance System and did have a frequency - Try 111.90

Guest Muppet22

I did read a while back exactly how to fly it, can't remember now though :-)When on appraoch you will see a checkerboard attached to a hill, and it something like when all of it becomes visible you bank to land on rwy13. Search the web for it!Tom

Yes, it was an IGS approach, which guided you towards the Chequerboard Hill, from where you had to make a right turn and fly it manuallly to touchdown on RW13. As the airport is no longer in use, the IGS is no longer active, and thus not included in FS2002 anymore (the last version to have it was FS98). However, it is possible to add Navaids to FS, but unfortunately I don't know how. You could ask in the scenery design forum - I imagine, it might not be that difficult to add it yourself (provided you know the exact location etc).Cheers,Gosta.