Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dan_Pergau

ATTN: ACA856

Guest Dan_Pergau

I hate to use the forum for this but our communications are down at work (perhaps a squirrel chewed through the rope which links the two tin cans between or network hubs).Rob, can you give me a shout?Thanks,Dan

I have shouted you on the land line - but like a good tech support person, your message says you are not available....typical ;-)

Hi Dan,I will be on VATSIM from 6-12midnight EDT. 2200z will depart CYYZ for CYOW, 2300 depart CYOW for KBOS, 0001z at KBOS see if anyone is around, then where ever the wind blows me from there. Should be in KBOS around 8Pm EDT 0001z to hopefully meet up with Lee who is a tentative for tonight.Rob.

Guest WorkingStiff

I saw you heading for KBOS last night but since you were almost on approach I didn't want to distract you......

Guest Dan_Pergau

Sounds good Rob... I look forward to seeing you, and Lee and maybe the big stiffer on VATSIM.Dan

It would be a pleasure to see you distracting me Stiff...missing you on line!Rob.

Guest WorkingStiff

I'll try to join you guys tonight. Rob, I wanted to do CYYZ-KBOS last night but Boston only had Approach up so I did KSFO-KLAX instead.

Guest ielchitz

Stiff,Who do you fly online as again?Ian.

Guest WorkingStiff

COA1014 although I need a new callsign; I'm tired of that one.

Guest MB327

That was WAY COOL flying tonight. Dan, Rob, Lee, and myself, all doing the precision approach to CYBG with MOPAR. That controller was fantastic. Very nice guys. And the Stiffster and Steve Drabek joining up at the end. FUN FUN FUN...Steve and I are on the way down to Boston now. Stiffy was number 3 for departure but has disappeared. Six 767PICs at Bagotville, GREAT evening over Canada...

Guest ielchitz

I have to admit that it was a pleasure to watch you all in the sky. Too bad I could not join in on the fun as well... Sylvain sounded freat on the PAR approach - and you guys have no clue what the "holding" patterns looked like from this side of the scope.I tried taking a few screenshots to post here on the forum but again I am out of town and the operation could not be completed on this %$%$($ computer.Can't wait to get back home and get back to the flight deck.Ian.p.s. - I have this strange feeling that after the basketball and hockey games this evening ZLA will be well staffed and full of operations - if you are looking for a friday night flight. Four routings, flight ideas, or charts check out http://www.laartcc.org

..as for the holding patterns, the CZUL-CTR controller gave me bum vectors to the 'hold'...by mistake...and had me turning 190-200 degree turns the wrong way trying to do the hold by vectors...I was 2nd in line for the app, I ended up coming in 6th due to the centre controller putting me at 5000 feet 50+ nm from the field going the opposite direction. The terms "ID for the VOR to hold over" and "inbound course for the hold please" were alien to the centre controller and only served to confuse things...I got what I paid for...Sylvain was excellent after that!Hope to see you up and at 'em this weekend Ian...maybe you will do some ATC at KLAX instead of Burbank? Rob.

Guest ielchitz

856,I'll do my best to find a good spot to plug into - but Friday's are pretty hard to find the "prime" spots - as many of the controllers seem to get on long before I am able.I would suggest you try taking you 767 into Burbank, has been done by myself many times but its a little hairy (especially the visual 15 or the 4 stacks visual 15) - I also expect to see a lot of activity over there tonight - so you may not have the "greatest" of piloting skills in those skies.I'll do my best to plug in somewhere you will be at - I missed both stiff and 327 two nights ago as all the spots were taken and I got stuck working B90 (Burbank) - which in the end wasn't too bad - I had a good friend fly in (Robert Doffleymyer a r/w Tracon controller in Chicago) who constantly blows me away be teaching me new things. that's what I love about this - it doesn't matter what side of the scopes I am on - there is ALWAYS something new to learn.I now must stop blabbing - Non stop action over my head the past few days as Winnipeg (CYWG) prepares for the air show - It's really something else. Staying here with my Uncle who lives right under the approach to either 34 or 36 - it's like a real airport here.Ian.

Burbank sounds like fun, but to be honest I fly KLAX for the busy traffic and the busy controllers. If Burbank is going to be busy on a given night, please let me know I will be there. Get yourself on at KLAX!!:-)Rob

Guest ielchitz

This Friday night (tonight) it is our featured airport for the Western Region night - which is being hosted by ZLA (though every Friday seems to be busy).As far as Burbank goes - unless SoCal Approach is split (which isn't all that often) - the guy working LAX_APP provides full service into KLAX, KBUR, KONT, KSNA, and KSAN (not to mention the smaller fields like KLGB, KSMO, KVNY, and KMYF) - so if you fly in and you see someone on LAX_APP - they will provide full services all the way into these fields - regardless of workload. Our certification process for controllers is set up so that you can not plug into LAX_APP until you are fully certified in all of the other sectors. We love traffic heading into those other major fields - LAX becomes quite routine once you get the hang of it (even when busy) - the CIVET/MITTS/PDZ4 stream and the SADDE stream are no brainers.Ian.