Sign in to follow this  

Proper takeoff procedure...

Guest Ian_Riddell

>I haven't tried it in PIC, but in the real aircraft you can >engage the autopilot at 200ft in TO & TO mode. This is getting somewhat complicated, HP....One of our pilots suggested that our P&W-powered 767-200 aircraft didn't have this feature... and the GE-powered -300's did.However....The 767 Boeing Maintenance Manual states that if the Flight Control Computers have part number "-131" (or higher) and a certain electrical pin on the back of the FCC is grounded, autopilot engagement in TO/GA mode is enabled (in the air). Today, I checked the FCC part numbers on VH-OGD (GE-powered 767-300) and it appeared to have a part number prior to "-131", so I assume that the TO/GA A/P function was disabled on VH-OGD.However, as you say, procedures will bypass this logic.Anyway, I'll keep looking into the matter and see what else I can come up with.Cheers.Ian. P.S. BTW, interestingly, our 747-400 Flight Control Computers can be fitted to all our 767's. This type FCC definitely has the TO/GA A/P option, so all that is needed to activate it is that pin to be grounded (Strangely, however, I couldn't even find this pin in our 767 wiring diagrams!).