Sign in to follow this  

Cargo Version Question

hello:i have recently became a pilot with UPS Virtual, and i am trying to get the correct weight in the 767PIC airplane. so i can use it as my equipment, i know that the ZFW in the cargo version is not 245. i checked boeing site, and it reads that the max payload in the 767-300F is 127.3 I guess that would be ZFW i am not sure, if somebody knows please break it down for, me and also tell me what's the lowest ZFW available in the 767PIC.Thank You:

Guest WorkingStiff

Maximum payload is NOT the same as Zero Fuel Weight. Payload is one component of Zero Fuel Weight but they are not the same.Zero Fuel Weight or ZFW is the weight of the plane without any useable fuel. So ZFW is the operational empty weight of the plane plus pilots, crew, passengers, baggage, payload, and consumables such as food and beverages, etc. In other words, the weight of everything before fuel is loaded.Having said that, the lowest ZFW for a 767-300F will be very different from a 767-300ER since passenger jets are outfitted differently from freighters.The lowest ZFW you can enter into PIC's FMC will still be greater than the minimum ZFW for a 767-300F freighter.Here's some of the data I have in metric units; you'd have to convert.....You can use operating empty weight as the minimum ZFW but I'm sure that 767 PIC's FMC will not accept such a low weight.http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...e99238b0f8b.gif

If your using the POSKY version of the UPS767v3 with the PIC merge files and PIC panel, then your going to have to enter the ZFW of 245. There's no getting around this just because the plane is painted like a F model. The merge files were designed to work with the -200 and -300 planes.

Guest ilh

You can edit the empty_weight in your aircraft.cfg in the range of approximately 186 to 288 lbs (FMC limits, I might have them slightly wrong), and then enter this same value in the FMC PERF INIT page. This should work fine. I've used 225 - 285 with PIC without problem.As others have said, ZFW includes everything except for fuel. In particular, it includes your payload.Looking at WorkingStiff's table, yes a freighter has a higher max ZFW than PIC's FMC can accept, but do aircraft often fly at max ZFW?(Also make sure you don't have kg vs. lbs problem in FS.)Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Guest WorkingStiff

Mike, How did you setup the different ZFWs? I used Lee's methodology in his merge to setup about 8 different liveries but they are all managed by one config file so changing the ZFW there would affect all the aircraft.

Guest ilh

You need to have multiple folders so that you can have multiple aircraft.cfgs. Each folder could have multiple liveries sharing a ZFW. Just copy your merged folder one or more times. For example, you might have B763 PIC POSKY3 245, B763 PIC POSKY3 288, each with edited aircraft.cfg.Just make sure your title= is unique across all aircraft.cfgs and that your ui_variation contains the info you need to select the aircraft you intend.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Guest WorkingStiff

Ahh....thanks Lee. I guess I have enough hard drive space having just installed a new drive.

Guest ilh

Yeah, it isn't a very space-efficient way of doing things, but unfortunately FS doesn't let us do it any other way.Personally, I just edit my aircraft.cfg before I start FS if I want to change it. I also copy the ZFW number to the performance or description string so I can see what ZFW I have on the aircraft selection screen.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

thanks guys i came up with a ZFW of 288, that looks like the best ZFW i can use and to have it closer to the real thing. but airplanes barely fly at max load, having to fly a cargo version i would say it's the closest thing to max, but i think that 288 would work just hoping that the FMC would except it.Thank You Guys For The Warm Response And See You In The Skies.